Saturday, August 1, 2009

When You Gonna Love You As Much As I Do?

It is a hot Saturday in August, so of course this week for our Saturday Scavenger Hunt we are celebrating WINTER. This word comes to us courtesy of the ever interesting Dmarks at Throwawayblog. Thanks, Dmarks! So let the games begin...the Winter Games, that is...

Here we partake of an activity particular to WINTER. It was a pretty big deal for us, because even in WINTER we have to travel a bit to play in the snow. I can't imagine what a real WINTER would be like.


Inside of the refrigerator and freezer lurks permanent WINTER. We are thankful for that, on behalf of our perishables.


Mittle Kitty is so furry that I think WINTER is his season of choice. This doesn't look terribly comfortable for the dog days of summer...but WINTER, aaaahhhh...

I hope you enjoyed this brisk, refreshing WINTER break right smack in the middle of summer. It warms my heart to see you here. I look forward to seeing all of your WINTER wonders and to seeing who Dmarks tags for next week.

10 comments:

dmarks said...

Brrr!!!

I will be a little late on mine, tonight or tomorrow morning.

AlienCG said...

If I were covered in fur like Mittle Kitty, I would prefer WINTER too.

Fine examples of WINTER. Now the waiting game to see who gets tagged next.

Ananda girl said...

Great stuffs! Kitty has his eye on you! I just love playing in the snow... until I get wet and cold then I whine and my kids send me home. ;)

Tara said...

Snow is good for sled riding - that's a fun thing to do in the Winter.

Mittle Kitty looks very comfortable in his fur coat. Skittles seems to be comfy too when it gets colder. But she still plays the indoor/outdoor game with me.

laura b. said...

Dmarks: I will be watching for it!

AlienCG: Winter would be the time to sport a built in fur coat. During summer, sometimes I don't even want the mop on my head.

Ananda: He always has his eye on something, even when he looks like he's sleeping.
I like playing in the snow, but am not sure I could ever live in it
:-)

Tara: I might have to travel exclusively by sled, as I'm pretty sure I couldn't manage driving in the snow :-)
haha! I remember Skittles' in and out game! Cats are fun.

Sebastien Millon said...

Mittle Kitty looks oh so cozy...

Churlita said...

That kitty is so pretty. I wish I could drive to Winter and then drive back home when I was done with it.

laura b. said...

Sebastien: Mittle Kitty is cozy in Winter and almost unbearable in Summer :-)

Churlita: He is a pretty kitty and well aware of it.
I am so used to Winter like that, it's hard for me to picture actually dealing with it for a few months all in a row!

crazy4coens said...

i love the refrigerator as a winter picture! how creatively your mind works!

laura b. said...

Crazy4Coens: Aw, thank you so much :-)