Tuesday, August 4, 2009

An Early Look at Lauraland 2.0

After a week spent carting all of our worldly possessions around a pool and up a flight of stairs, putting it all away nicely, cleaning up all traces of our existence in #4, Girlie Girl and I (and sometimes Handsome Lad) are now the official residents of #10. All utilities are on, even the internet after a bit of a snafu. Yay! So here are a couple of pictures, just so you can get the idea.

This is my livingroom. I love my new red couch. Well, it isn't new new, but it is new to me.

*sigh* Yes, one wall in my livingroom has paneling. Crazy, right? I don't know though...I kind of like it. It works for me.

Here is my own little space :-) I didn't think I needed it, but now that I have it I am so pleased.

This is what I see out of the window in my little kitchen / dining area. The view is one of the nice things about being upstairs, I think. I already like to sit on the couch reading and be able to raise my eyes to look out at the trees and the foothills.

There. Now everything feels a little more real since sharing it with you guys :-) Thanks for being on this little journey with me.

8 comments:

Churlita said...

Very nice. I went for years without having my own room, and now I can't remember how I did it. It's nice to be able to close a door when I need to.

crazy4coens said...

oh! i am so glad you did it! way to go girl! beautiful! and a view! and your own room!

you soooooooo deserve it!

and think of the extra exercise walking up and down those stairs. it's good for you!

this post made my day - thanks!

Ananda girl said...

Hey that's great. I see that we share a love for red as well as all the other shared things... cool beans!

It's a good view. I don't have a view... must be very nice indeed.

Thanks for the peek into your new digs!

Tara said...

Oh yay, these photos make me happy - it looks like you and the kids will be so much happier here! I can feel the positive Feng Shui already. ;)

I love the red theme - the couch, the little shelf, the comforter on your bed. I like it. Oh and how awesome is it that you have your own space? Did I mention I'm happy for you? I wish we could all come over for a housewarming party!

AlienCG said...

Excellent! Congratulations on the move and finally upgrading your space. I'm sure you'll be happy here.

cornbread hell said...

nice digs! congratulations.

the last 2 places i have lived are upstairs. i really like the treetop views. i hope you enjoy it, too.

laura b. said...

Churlita: I think moms get good at convincing themselves they don't need certain things, when actually they kind of do.

Crazy4Coens: Thank you! I can definitely use any extra little bit of exercise I can get and the extra space makes it totally worthwhile.

Ananda: We do have lots in common...and a love of red must be another :-)
Thanks for being here to celebrate with me!

Tara: My favorite thing besides the space, is how much more light I get here. It does have a better feel in that way and I think we'll be happy.
I would love to have a housewarming party with my blogging friends. You guys have been very supportive of this little move and I appreciate it.

AlienCG: Thank you so much. I know we can be happy here :-)

Cornbread Hell: I haven't lived upstairs in a good 25 years...I had forgotten the good points, truthfully. Thanks!

Sebastien Millon said...

Beautiful view! Looks wonderful, so happy for you, I think you will really appreciate the extra space. The red furniture looks great as well. I'm big on red, white, and black. All great design colors.