Thursday, August 6, 2009

Livin' Large. Or Small. Really Small.

Seemed like a great day to take a look at the Eclectic Calendar and have myself a little celebration. Today turned out to be the day to build a house out of popsicle sticks! I thought, "Oh, how fun! I can do that!" Hm. Well, while it is true that I have the necessary supplies, it turns out I do NOT have the necessary patience. So, instead of an actual popsicle stick house all fancy and, like, glued and stuff, I give you my popsicle stick shanty.


I thought as long as I had such a cool, colorful pad I would invite one of my celebrity crushes (yesterday's Ecelectic Holiday!) to come stay with me there.

Yes. It is true. I love Rainn Wilson.

Even when he is with his "real" "wife", Holiday Reinhorn. We all have these "relationships", don't we? Doesn't mean a thing.

Thanks for dropping by my little Rainncentric shanty town! Just remember...when you aren't sure what to say, consult the calendar!

8 comments:

Ananda girl said...

Ha! I love your shanty! So colorful, so wooden! So much fun!

Yes, I have my thing with Jason Statham. Who am I to judge? Ha.

Tara said...

Oo, he cleans up quite well in a dark suit! I like it! I love his name, too. Sounds like he should be on a soap opera.

Wow, two Eclectic holidays in a row! I'm way behind, I still need to have a tea party with a teddy bear!

And that shanty could also be a garage for a sports car. Well done!

AlienCG said...

Quite the architect you are, Laura B. I like the little, colorful shanty that you built on your desk.

I should really celebrate more holidays.

crazy4coens said...

you are so funny and oh so honest! i bet i would not have the patience to build a to-die-for house either. (luckily our home was already built when we bought it.)

nice work for one without patience and thanks for sharing your man crush. love the bobble head and i know dwight would love it, too.

MrManuel said...

Cool, where did you get all the colorful sticks?

laura b. said...

Ananda: Thanks Ananda! Oooh, Jason Statham! He can transport me any time...I'll go willingly Jason. haha!

Tara: Imagine a man named Rainn married to a woman named Holiday. That's pure madness. But I just love him :-)
I love celebrating Eclectic Holidays...and I thank you for putting them together for us.
Now, where is my tiny sports car? Hm...

AlienCG: Thank you! You are too, too kind :-)
I think we should all celebrate more. It feels good.

Crazy4Coens: Oh, I am a lackadaisical kind of gal, for sure :-)
I am always happy to share my fun celebrity crushes...sometimes I even make lists.

MrManuel: Working in Children's Services in the library gives me access to many fun things, including boxes and boxes of craft sticks. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

Sebastien Millon said...

Dwight is my favorite character on that show. I really like Andy as well, he is hilarious with his silly songs.

I bet Dwight would really appreciate your ingenuity and survival skills in building such a wonderful popsicle shanty house :)

laura b. said...

Sebastien: Ribitty doo! Andy is hilarious. I love it when Dwight does his evil smile...he reminds me of the Grinch.
Oooh, you're right! I am no Angela though...