Monday, August 10, 2009

And Another Week Begins...

Happy Monday all. First off, I must mention that today is the adorable Audrey Love Bug's 2nd Birthday!Unfortunately, I am missing today's informal lunchtime gathering, but she and Little Prince are having a joint party in a couple of weeks. My babies won't be babies much longer...I am now in a position to know how very quickly it all goes.

I thought I'd blog about my weekend, as it was an especially nice one.

I mentioned my Friday a bit in Saturday's post. I was so pleased to have that day to get Girlie Girl's laptop up and running (with help, but still!) I also mentioned our trip to the thrift store. You saw Handsome Lad's purchases. Here are a couple of things I picked up for myself:
Corning Ware sidekick. I love Corning Ware and pick up random pieces at thrift stores...usually smaller pieces, like this one. Isn't it cute?

A little Homer Laughlin china dish. Again, so little and cute and simple. I just have this thing for bowls. I have a small collection...although I am not a collector exactly.

I thought this painting on a feather, from Costa Rica, was very sweet and charming. I have it in my bedroom now and it makes me smile for some reason.

So, Friday felt like this fun and productive day for me, Girlie Girl, and Handsome Lad.

On Saturday, I had to work. It was quiet for a Saturday, so time dragged a bit, but the calmness was nice. I had Saturday night to myself, as the kids had their own plans. I could have done something, but I have to admit that doing nothing felt pretty darn good. I think I needed a bit of me time.

After a quiet Sunday morning things swung into gear by the afternoon. Me and the kids went out for a late lunch with Kick Back Dude and his gang. Then, we all came back here for a swim. One of my neighbors had her brother and his grandkids over too. They were just a bit older than my babies so it was fun to see the kids all playing together and having a chance to meet new people.

They all stayed over for a light dinner and a movie before heading home. Not to be unkind...and not that I don't love them, but sometimes KBD and Princess Diva stay a biiiit longer than necessary. It is just because they like to be able to go home and just put the kids directly to bed...I don't know...there is some method to their madness. And I know they get tired of being fully responsible for three small children and like being here where there are at least a couple of other people to take some of the pressure off. So, here I am complaining a bit, but I get it. And I do love them all. Once these three get much bigger, who am I going to teach to slap me five and say, "Slap my hand, black soul man!" just like Steve Martin doing Georg Festrunk? I mean, if you can't pass on important things like that, does life have meaning? haha!

I hope you all had a good weekend too and are feeling optimistic about the week ahead. We certainly have AlienCG's "Cartoon Appreciation Week" to enjoy, as well as other blogging fun!

I myself am holding a good thought. Is there any reason good things couldn't be coming my way? I don't think so :-)

8 comments:

FW said...

Happy birthday Love Bug! What a fantastic age to be! Sounds like a fine old weekend to me, well done L.B.

Ananda girl said...

Happy 2nd B-day LoveBug!

Sounds like a great weekend.

I see no reason at all that something fabulous should not come drop in soon. I'll be hoping.

AlienCG said...

Sounds like a nice, quiet weekend for the most part. Me-time is always a good thing. Glad to read you got the laptop up and running even with help.

Happy birthday, LoveBug, as she enters the terrible twos.

MrManuel said...

Understandable, as much as you love people, they CAN stay too long at times.

I wonder why the library was slow. Maybe too hot to go out!?

Pamela said...

That's a cool feather!

laura b. said...

FW: Two is not a bad year....if you are two :-) Hope you are having a good vacation!

Ananda: Thank you for your good thoughts. I tend to think they actually help.

AlienCG: There was something about this weekend that just made me want to acknowlege the niceness of it.
Did you know the terrible twos sometimes last until adulthood, which is nebulous in it's arrival time?

MrManuel: Thanks for saying so. I have some guilt about feeling like that, but it is true.
It is hard to predict why people show up or don't. But it is nice to get a little break.

Pamela: It is, thanks!

Tara said...

We have a huge thrift store near my apartment that's fun to check out. I don't usually buy clothes there, but they do have some movies, music and all sorts of other interesting things. They make it easy for people to donate stuff, too, and I actually saw the dress I donated to them!

laura b. said...

Tara: I like donating things, and I also like the chance to get stuff that is new and exciting to me at a good price.
Wouldn't it have been cool to see someone actually buying your dress?