Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tutu Twosday



I know...I know you guys cannot bear (haha!) to keep hearing this, but I am so effing hot at work! When I sit at my desk, I feel like I'm taking a steam. And it lasts for eight or nine hours, depending on if I leave the building for lunch or not. Ah, but it should be over by the end of this week.

And in spite of being uncomfortable, I feel happy. It is a short week for me. I am taking Thursday off, as it is my kids' last day of school...and it is my regular Friday off...so it is kind of like a three day week...if you don't count the fact that I work Saturday. I'm choosing not to think about that :-) I'm thinking about those two days off...the last day of school and the first day of summer. What a treat! I'm ready for summer. I even feel ready for the great big summer crush at work. I'm ready! And for some reason, I just feel good today. My moods are insane, of course. That much is clear. But today is good and I know enough to be thankful for that. So, thanks to the mood gods! Any small gods you want to thank? Let's hear it...

8 comments:

Ananda girl said...

Well I hope that they get that air on soon! That's just inhumane.;-)

Ananda girl said...

I didn't have much time earlier. Today was a hard day... had to say good bye to 8 coworkers who have been cast out due to budget cuts. I have known and been supported by them for a long time. I was pretty blue, but then got home and found a lot of good humor on my blog... so I'm feeling better and thankful that I've got my job! So I'm thanking the humor god and the job god tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping the job gods smile on me soon.

I hope the AC gets switched on soon. It's good that you're feeling happy even though it can get oppressively hot.

Tara said...

Enjoy your short week! I just got back from my long weekend and it's already Wednesday. Friday is pay day, too. Yay!

I do hope that the steam bath doesn't last much longer for you.

Churlita said...

I'm so glad you're happy. I hope that mood lasts a long, long time.

laura b. said...

Ananda: Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your co-workers. These are some very difficult times, for sure.
I'm glad that you were able to find things to laugh about and that your job is safe. I'll thank those little gods too.

AlienCG: I will send up a prayer to the job gods on your behalf. I'm sure that will do the trick :-)
It is amazing what one can put up with some days...

Tara: Ah, there is nothing like a long weekend / short week. I'm glad you enjoyed yours. And this is my payday week too! Woot!

Churlita: Thank you...I hope so too, although my moods are quite mercurial. Thanks a lot mood gods. haha!

Sebastien Millon said...

I think life is more fun when one is angry all the time. Spices things up (ie random bar fights due to anger/macho issues)

Being happy is overrated :) Everyone needs to be angry.

laura b. said...

Sebastien: haha! Anger makes me uncomfortable...I don't like confrontation. I am a shy bear.