I had some time to kill yesterday evening, so my friend Brain and I were emailing each other questions that required interesting or humorous answers. I came up with this one. Well, it isn't an original idea. It is a sort of parlor game or something. In fact, one late night on Facebook David in DC and I played a variation on it. That was different. This one...well, I have to say I amused myself. And better, I amused my friend.
The set up: You are having a dinner party. You may invite any five fictional characters to attend. Who are they and why do you think they'd add something to the gathering?
Here are my answers -
1. Alice the Maid - She could cook, serve, and clean up. But she could eat with us too. She seemed like she might have a few things to say about those Bradys if she had a chance...and I want to ask her what she and Sam really got up to on those dates of theirs.
2. Max Cherry - He's the detective played by Robert Forster in Jackie Brown. He was a consummate professional, but he had this darling crush on Jackie Brown...it made him go out and buy an album he heard her listening to. I love stuff like that. We could talk about the crazy things love makes you do.
3. Llyod Dobler - Played by John Cusack in Say Anything. Ask any woman of a certain age who they wished were courting their heart and they will give up Lloyd. But, like, if he wanted to, he could just show us some kickboxing moves after dinner.
4. Harriet the Spy - Sure, it is a bit of a hassle having a kid at the table. However, she would be sure to liven up the conversation with sudden rude remarks and she'd probably take great notes about what was going on in case we wanted to remember it later.
5. The Most Interesting Man in the World - You know...from the Dos Equis campaign? Self explanatory, I think.
Now....who is coming to your dinner party? Oh, and if you haven't played yet...make sure you Choose and Defend in my post below. Please?