Thursday, October 16, 2008

Soup without the Nazi

Tomato soup...mmmm...so soothing and delicious....

Corn chowdah! I love the chowdah!

Did you know that today's Taraday is Soup Day? Now there is something to celebrate. Soup can be a perfect food. You can just open a can or you can slice, dice, and simmer to your heart's content. It can be a thin savory broth or thick and full of chunky goodness. Soup can be clear or cream based. It is a great start to a meal if you are dieting (well, maybe not the cream based) because it is a healthy way to fill up before you hit the main course. I know for a fact that works. I mean, I don't serve courses at home...but when I eat out and they offer soup or salad before, don't you always feel like that is plenty and then all of a sudden they are taking that away and setting down this plate of pasta or whatever? Yeah, me too. Soup IS a meal! At work I like to drink Campbell's Soup at Hand. Especially during the winter, which is supposedly on its way at some point. All this soup blogging is totally getting me in the moood for soup. That's okay, because I can totally have soup for dinner if I want it. You know how you talk about some things and get in the mood for them, but you are probably not going to get them anytime soon? This isn't like that! I can have soup! And so can you. What kind of soup do you want?
Just in case you need help, you can check the Wikipedia for a pretty large list to choose from...HERE. Dang, Wikipedia really does have everything...

5 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Gotta say that Mushroom soup is my fave.. I also like homemade potato soup... or chicken noodle.. Soup is good for the soul..

Tara said...

That chowdah looks delicious. I've had some awesome lobster bisque in the past. The first time I tasted some was from a deli that later had to shut down for financial reasons. But ooooh I miss their bisque.

Then of course there's tomato soup and chicken noodle. Oh and I've had pumpkin soup before which was really good.

Anonymous said...

I am a New England Clam Chowdah type of guy. That's the cream based chowdah. I do like Manhattan style (which originated in Rhode Island), but it's not my first choice.

Churlita said...

I just made homemade potato leek soup and it was so good with some bread and hummus. Mmmm. I never get tired of soup either.

laura b. said...

Mrs: Yes, exactly! Soup is soul food!

Tara: I have actually never had lobster bisque, but I bet it is delicious! (I can't believe I'm bringing up Seinfeld again, but remember when Elaine yada yada'd sex and mentioned the lobster bisque? haha!)

AlienCG: I'm with you! New England is tops in the clam chowder arena.

Churlita: Oooohhh, homemade potato leek sounds soooo goooood. Oops, sorry, let me wipe the drool off my keyboard. Is it sad I am so excited about soup? Yes.