Saturday, September 27, 2008

You Say Yes, I Say...

NO, NO, NO! The word for this week's Saturday Scavenger Shots is all negatory, good buddy. It makes sense though, when you consider that it was chosen by NoRegrets. In her case, NO is a very positive thing!

This was kind of a tough one to render in photographs, for me. But I love a challenge! It was great fun. So, here is what I came up with...

Here is a Public Works guy putting up a banner. I am afraid of heights (it's true), so NO, I will not trade jobs with you, Public Works guy.

Aw, sorry, but NO, you may not go outside Mr. Library Tiger!

Here are some Tongva Indians who came to our Museum for the opening of a special Tongva exhibit. NO, I am not all enamored of "the Indian way". Try marrying into a family of Creeks and see if you don't agree with me. haha! I am joking of course. I don't dislike all Native Americans based on one icky family. NO way.

NO, NO, don't go! Well, okay then...you did stay long enough to get to the end of my Saturday Scavenger Shots post. You are excused. Can't wait to see who and what is next!

8 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I will be posting mine tomorrow.. I have too sick to really come up with anything...

Love your take on this weeks word.. Excellent job..

Tara said...

Awesome examples! That library tiger almost looked real lying there like that!

Anonymous said...

Every library should have a tiger. I wouldn't trade places with the public works guy either.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the Library Tiger is really full of lint and rather smelly from being smeared with all manner of things toddler-story-time-ish, but from this angle and in this light (and at this hour after a glass of wine) I had to read your caption twice to realize it WASN'T a real tiger.
So, nice shot!
(and No, I'm not playing this week. still too freaking busy.)

Churlita said...

I'm going to lame out this week. I was too busy and too migrainy. I love yours though.

Anonymous said...

No I won't go.
No I can't see your pics... my computer is so sulky!
No Way would I put that banner up either!
:o)
Hope you are ok missus.

laura b. said...

Mrs: Hope you are feeling better. I'm pleased you were able to stop in.

Tara: Isn't he great? We just got five new, very realistic looking animals for the room.

AlienCG: Because you don't like heights or because you wouldn't enjoy wearing a bright orange t-shirt everyday?

NFH: It is so great to see you! Actually, that tiger is pretty spankin' new, but you have seen into his future :-)

Churlita: You provide us with such bloggy goodness each and every day that we can forgive you if you say NO to NO this week.

Daffy: You are like a toddler, just full of NOs! haha!

I am fine, feeling much less put upon after a pretty relaxing weekend.

NoRegrets said...

Hey, I like all the takes on the word. Good job! Cool tiger too.