Thursday, September 4, 2008

For Your Amusement

Today I am going to post pictures of my two commercial spokesperson crushes. Yes, it is true. I get crushes on commercial spokespersons. Sometimes. I mean, they are hired because they are personable after all, right? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Crush #1Yes, it's the "Can you hear me now? Good!" guy from the Verizon commercials. I liked the old commercials when he said that over and over, because he always looked so pleased when he said, "Good!" Now, in a lot of the commercials he is just standing there, backed by his giant crew. Or sometimes they simulate family scenarios and when things are at their worst, he can say his line. In any case, he is clearly a man who likes his job making sure the reception for Verizon is Good! I like a man who likes his job :-)

Crush #2No, no, not Drew's ex. I like the PC guy! He is never going to be as cool as the Mac. He is rather desperate most of the time. He's not fond of change. I don't know what it is, but I like that in a man too, apparently! You go, uncool guy!

Do you have any odd crushes on commercial spokespersons or any other sorts of persons? Let's hear it. I won't laugh at you, if you don't laugh at me!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of any right off the bat....

You have a couple of very interesting choices there...PC guy getting some love.

Anonymous said...

Brain locked up, too much driving, I will think later.

Tara said...

The PC guy was actually a news person on "The Daily Show" for awhile. Not sure if he still is. I do feel sorry for him on those commercials.

I don't have a huge crush on any commercial person now, but I remember when Greg Kinnear used to advertise the Jeep. He was so funny, I'm sure that's why he started getting movie roles!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I like the Mcain guy doing the Mime act with the wife.. and I also like PC guy.. they are both quite funny..

*Renee* said...

LOL cute post :)! I can't think of any commercial related crushes *lol* but I do love RYAN GOSLING from The Notebook. The only "odd" crush I can think of is this guy Evil-E dating some chick name RENE-*E* ;)!

Churlita said...

It's not considered that odd, but I heart Jon Stewart. And I get the pc guy crush too. He's just genuine. It's hard to find that with guys.

laura b. said...

Evil-E: Aw, there must be something odd going on with you! But you're discreet, I understand.
The PC guy deserves some love :-)

AlienCG: Thinking about weird crushes should unlock even the most stubborn brains. Try it, it will work.

Tara: Yes, I think he still comes on as a "Resident Expert". He's funny...and there is nothing like a funny guy :-)
Oooh, yeah, I like Greg Kinnear too!

Mrs: There really is something about a sense of humor! I had never seen the McCain cake ad, so I looked it up...that guy looks a little like a younger Jon Stewart!

Renee: Oh, I agree, Ryan Gosling is cutie cute. And I can't find anything odd about the two Es ;-) Except maybe the unusual fact that you seem to be the perfect couple!

Churlita: Jon Stewart is great. I love the Daily Show and probably wouldn't know anything about current events without it.

dmarks said...

Mac guy comes off as a smug ass. I don't think that they intended it in those ads.

Tara said...

Oo yes, I crush on Jon Stewart too. And John Oliver.

laura b. said...

Dmarks: haha! Right, unless now people perceive smug assiness as a good thing.

Tara: All those Daily Show guys, in a way...they aren't all exactly good looking, but they are all pretty darn funny and that seems to push my crush button.