I guess this will have to be one of those clearinghouse posts. All I have a little dribs and drabs floating around my brain right now, so that is what you get!
1. WTG had the nerve to call me Thursday evening when I was trying to eat my dinner to tell me that I am neglecting Girlie Girl and Handsome Lad. He dislikes the fact that I work 8 hours a day. We can't all have those loser jobs like him where you set your own hours, but don't really make much money or have benefits or anything. Since he has pretty much written himself out of the picture at this point, I don't see that he has a say in the matter. When I suggested he might help out by picking them up from school and doing things with them in the afternoon when I'm not there he suddenly lost service on his phone. Um right.
2. I saw Team C on Friday. What can I tell you? It was great to see him, as far as that goes...and that is as far as that goes.
3. Saturday was a very peaceful day. I mentioned in the comments over at Churlita's how I feel like a chauffeur so much of the time nowadays. My kids are now at a stage where my best use for them is simply to feed them and get them where they need to go. So, make that cook and chauffeur. Some days all that is required of me is that I be on standby for assignments. I try not to begrudge them that when I am available, since there are all those after-school hours when I am not available to them. Still, sometimes I can't help but feel sorry for myself sitting around waiting for someone to want to go somewhere. Boo hoo hoo. Poor mom!
4. Sunday we went to the park with Kick Back Dude and the gang. Little Prince slept the whole time, but the girls kept me busy wanting endless time on the swings. Good Grandma pushed while everyone else lolled about at the picnic table waiting for the ice cream man to come by. Oh well, at least Miss Personality and Love Bug enjoy talking with me. I know now how brief this time is :-)
5. Came in to work today to find that the substitute Librarian had called in sick. So, all of our schedules had to be rearranged. That's okay, people get sick. But I am looking at my week ahead and I am not smiling...the bright side of this? I am getting pretty darn indispensable! haha! Well, at least I can tell myself that.
Thanks for bearing with me as I cleared out my tiny brain. You are appreciated.