Saturday, September 20, 2008

Old RED Eyes is Back

It is Saturday, and I am looking at the world through rose colored glasses. This is because the lovely Mistress of Eclectic Spaghetti, Tara has chosen the word RED for this week's Saturday Scavenger Shots!

I am following along with my old favorite color word thing...I looked around my desk and said to myself, "What do I spy, with my little eye, that is RED?" Ah ha!
Here we have a couple of candles that I got from a patron eons ago, both RED fruits...meet tomato and apple. I also found a strawberry Nutri-grain bar, a RED colored pencil, and little RED handled scissors. And, no, you aren't losing your vision, I just take some craptastic pictues with my phone camera :-)

Here are two good sized tokens of affection that also live on my desk. The RED lobster and the RED toad both love me and aren't shy about saying so. They were both gifts from my friend DR in NC. But don't get any ideas, he is getting ready to move to UT to be with his new lady love. Still, they are nice to have around.

I hope you enjoyed what you READ (close enough?) here! Who will be next? Who? Who? Damn, man, I think I need a glass of RED, RED wine....

8 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Good job on this weeks word.. I wonder too who Tara is going to pick..

Cricket said...

Nice. Red shiny stuff and red plush stuff. Good take on textures.

Thanks for checking out my redheaded kid. You can share his picture.

Tara said...

Those stuffed animals are so cute! Very cool gifts! And I love candles. Yankee Candle Company had...or maybe still has, a candle that smells like an orchard. I don't know how they capture those scents so well.

I forgot to choose somebody last night, but I finally picked someone today. No Regrets is it!

k_sra said...

well done, even if the camera phone is shaky. I like the pile o'color shots, reminds me of an artist who gathered up everything of the same color against one wall of his apartment so the whole wall was filled with just one color. : )

laura b. said...

Mrs: Thank you!

Cricket: I love running my fingers over different textures.
And thanks for sharing your cute redhead picture :-)

Tara: Almost any gift is a good gift to me :-) My poor candles have pretty much lost any scent they may have had, just sitting around on my desk.
NoRegrets! Good choice!

K-sra: Thanks! I do enjoy the color themes, because it is fun to see everything I have just within arms reach when I'm at work :-)

Churlita said...

Nice red things. At least you were looking at things with rose colored glasses and not seeing red.

laura b. said...

Churlita: I am an optimist like that...sometimes.

NoRegrets said...

That's a lobster?!