Friday, September 5, 2008

Do I Dare to Hope?


Maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I don't really believe in jinxing good things by talking about them. In this case, too, I am not speaking of anything specific. More just the feeling that things are on the upswing in my life, in a general sort of way.

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel financially. Not that I am suddenly going to be what I think of as "comfortable", but the worst of the adjustments brought on by my move are falling into place. I can feel things easing up and smaller money worries is always a good thing. Within a couple of weeks, hopefully I can fix my brakes and that will be a HUGE load off my mind

The kids are all back to school happily and they, too, are all adjusting. I admit I feel a lot better at work all day when they are in school at least part of the time. I know their time is being used productively and that they aren't just sleeping the day away and snacking :-)

There isn't too much happening on the Online dating scene that I mentioned a while back. I have done the back and forth emailing with a couple people, but I don't see much point to that. If you actually want to meet people then you need to be actually willing to MEET them... am I right? I am in touch with one guy who I am rather intrigued by. He is an environmental activist and he has all these really eclectic interests. He isn't that close by, though, and that kind of sucks. I mean, not THAT far, but not that close either. Actually I think we are more friendly than trying to get 'into' each other...but at this point in my life I have no problem with that. I can always find use for another friend! And who knows what the future will bring? Good things! Because this is an optimistic post!

Whats your mood?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're starting to look up and think positive.

I'm tired after a long day on the road yesterday. I'm going to spend the weekend relaxing.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That's good things are better for you now..

I'm currently getting over a hangover and I'm tired..but doing ok..

Tara said...

I've been kind of high strung and stressed all week because we don't have a manager. Which should, in a way, be nice because we have the freedom to work somewhat independently. But I'd like to have a good manager get hired soon.

Things'll work out, I'm sure. I just feel a little unsettled right now.

I'm glad that you're feeling happy, though, and I hope things continue to feel and be that way Knock on wood, say a prayer, light a candle, all that jazz! :)

laura b. said...

AlienCG: Thank you. I hope you have a really restful weekend :-)

Mrs: Ah, the price we have to pay for our good times. Feel better soon!

Tara: I know just what you mean. I hope you get a great new boss very soon. Have they given you guys any sort of hiring time table?
And I am doing all those things and thinking to myself "I deserve good things! Because I'm smart enough, funny enough and, darn it, people like me!" haha!

Rachel said...

I am ridiculously happy. Seriously. I have a wonderful man in my life and things are just going swimmingly.

Finances are the only sticky area. Other than that, life couldn't get much better.

laura b. said...

Rachel: That is great to hear! It is very nice to see you here again :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey the distance thing could be a good thing... slow start... :o)
I'm glad things are looking up, it's good, you have made sacrifices and you have made sure that everyone is doing ok in situations most would just drown in. You are an inspiration and long may that up-swing continue! and you get hugs! *Hugs*

laura b. said...

Daffy: A slow start or a non-start. We'll see.
Thanks for the hugs :-) That helps when that drowning feeling occurs.

Tara said...

"Have they given you guys any sort of hiring time table?"

They want to hire someone before the director of our school leaves for his new job. There's a lady who works in another department who's interviewing for the job. She wants to have lunch with me tomorrow. I hope she gets the job, she's easy to get along with and talk to, but we'll see I guess.

Churlita said...

I hear you on the friend front. All of my dating possibilities in the last few months have turned into friends, and I'm okay with that. Sure, I'd like to meet a guy I could have a relationship with, but I'll take some new friends along the way.

k_sra said...

Keep smiling, little laura b ball! : )

laura b. said...

Tara: At least they intend to move quickly and not leave you guys hanging. (That has happened to me before!)
I hope this person you like gets the job :-)

Churlita: I guess at this point I am just not willing to settle when it comes to an "actual" relationship. There is just no reason for it.

K-sra: I will! Thanks :-)

NoRegrets said...

Yay!

I love the photo too...

laura b. said...

NoRegrets: Isn't it good for optimism? Welcome back :-)