Thursday, September 18, 2008

Give Me Patience. Now!


I am once again going to expound on a subject that comes up here from time to time. It's been on my mind lately, again, and you all know how writing something down can help! Here goes...indulge me if you can...I have been alone for a good long while now. Not ALL alone in the world, but you know...alone. Even before my marriage actually ended I was rather alone. Honestly, sometimes months (or at least weeks) go by when I don't even give it a thought. I am pretty busy, as we tend to get with our lives. On the days I work I am gone from the house a good ten hours. I have my kids who need my time and attention, some more than others. Still...every so often I get to feeling so melancholy and at the same time hopeful. I think to myself that it doesn't have to be like this...why couldn't I meet a nice man? Other people, some more hideous than me, seem to do it! haha! It seems so hard though. Especially since I don't get out much...I mean where am I going to meet anyone, really? I know that ideally I would be participating in events or classes or something where like minded people would be likely to meet, but even if I could find the time to do these things I am so stupidly shy. Then I do things like joining a personals site and nothing really happens. I tend to get these, like, penpals who don't seem interested in actually getting together and doing something. I'm not sure if that is about them or about me truthfully. Maybe they are meeting all kinds of people who just aren't me! I have no way to know.
Well, I have no real conclusion to this little ramble. I guess you can just consider it a peek into my current state of preoccupation. Any advice is, of course, welcome. *sigh*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so not the person to ask for advice on this topic.

Tara said...

You've really gotta stop reading my diary, LB. It's like you're in my head or somethin'. Freaky. ;) I know exactly what you mean, I just can't think of any wise, guru-ish advice.

I am shy too, and normally it would bother me to sit in a room with strangers. But I'm in a choir and I hardly know anyone, just a few people. So sometimes I chat, sometimes I don't. But I go because of the activity of singing. Or if I go to a class, my goal is not to talk to anyone, it's to learn something. I wind up meeting new people anyway. So that's the only advice. If you can get into an activity, just focus on the fun of that and then you'll meet people automatically.

Anonymous said...

I thought I would never find a girl I liked, but I did. There is hope.

laura b. said...

AlienCG: I bet that, in fact, you are a fine person to ask about this!

Tara: See how you guys constantly underestimate yourselves? That is actually great guru-ish advice! It is so true that if you go somewhere without pressuring yourself to meet someone...it is going to be much easier to meet someone.

Evil-E: I have to admit that I really enjoy the story of E and Renee, because it does make me hopeful :-)

Anonymous said...

You know that when you are not looking you will find someone don't you. Bound to happen. I hope writing it all down helped That you feel at little better. I get lonely sometimes too. Usually when my hubby is drinking beer and listening to TALK Sport radio, my boy is with him, and my daughter is sat singing along to her MP3 player.
Someone has a treat in store for them Laura when they finally find their perfect lady.(you!) Be patient...

Churlita said...

I hear you. I'm not shy and I go out, but most of the guys I meet are a lot younger than me. Plus, it seems like most of the guys I meet are total lame asses. They definitely seem to be into having a physical thing with me - which I'm not opposed to, but I'm also a relationship girl.

I still have two guys who both say they really want me, but both live in other towns and don't really want to make much of an effort.

I've never done the personals before because my town is too small. I have a friend who met her boyfriend that way and he seems really nice. Maybe it's one of those things where you just have to keep trying until you meet the right guy. All it takes is one, right? That shouldn't be so hard, should it?

laura b. said...

Daffy: That is what I keep telling myself. A watch pot never boils and all that. Writing it down helps immensely, as do your comments :-) You are so kind, Daffy!

Churlita: It is much easier to find a booty call than a boyfriend, that's for sure.
And you're right, all it is going to take is one. I haven't given up hope, but I definitely have some low moments.