Thursday, September 25, 2008

One Paragraph At a Time



In a weak attempt at hilarity and self-amusement, my pal Milly and I have given each day of the week it’s own special super h.o.t. name. Today is Thrustday. Thexthy, right? Maybe not, but desperate boredom calls for desperate measures. It is pretty busy patron-wise here at work, but I am still feeling unchallenged at the moment. I suppose it is just a mood and something will soon happen to get me fired up once again. Given my general fondness for my job, I am certain of it.

In better news, I am getting my car back today. I have at long last been getting my brakes and other bad stuff taken care of. Unfortunately, my little auto had reached the point where it couldn’t wait for me to get my shizznit together anymore. Fortunately, my mom really generously offered to help me out with the expense. I don’t know what I’d do without her support, seriously.

In boring, old, bitter news, WTG attempted parental involvement by picking up Handsome Lad after school yesterday. Based on their beautiful ten minute interaction before he dropped him off at the skatepark, he called me up this morning to tell me (again) that I am clearly unable to handle things (since I cannot pick Handsome Lad up) and hadn’t I better just wise up and tell him to go “home”. I am trying not to fall into a pit of self despair by the fact that I am forever tied to this sack of crap.

Let's end on a positive note though, shall we? Um. I have my health! I have a job! Awesome kids! A supportive mom and sister! New brakes on my Chevy! I can make up funny names for the days of the week! I get to watch a new Office tonight! Wow, that is pretty alright, alright, alright…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thrustday? What's tomorrow?

Brakes are always a nice thing to have in good working order on a car. Glad to hear that you got it done.

Do me a favor, kick WTG in the nuts...please.

Those are all good things. Glad you're doing good.

Tara said...

You know what? I'm not in the Disney-ish, non-swearing mood I'm usually in, so brace yourself. Fuck WTG and his nasty-ass form of parenting and support. I can't believe he has the nerve to do this shit to you. He's such a child....but to even say that is insulting children, cuz I know they're more mature than he is on both a bad or good day.

There's that's my two cents. ;)

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Well if this one beautiful moment is the only thing he has then he relly is a sorry sad sack of shit.. You are a good mom and you have the support of your family.. That's important..

can't wait to see what Friday is..

Churlita said...

I'm sure the one time he had to pick up your son in however long, makes him a better parent than you when you're with them all the time and creating a safe space for them to thrive. Um, no.

He's trying to make you feel bad about yourself. Don't give him that power. The less flustered you are by him, the less he'll try to pull that crap because it doesn't work. Believe me, I still go through this too. It's getting better for me, because I don't yield to him anymore or get visibly shaken in front of him.

laura b. said...

AlienCG: Aaaahhhh, I would love, inordinately, to kick WTG in the nuts...if he had any. bwahahaha!

Tara: I love you! Seriously, thank you so much. You can get non-Disney here anytime :-)

Mrs: Thank you...and I do have the support of my family which has always gotten me through the toughter times.

Churlita: Yes, I definitely feel at an advantage when I can stay calm and not get engaged in his anger. I notice that when I don't give him the satisfaction of arguing, he just deteriorates into impotent rage. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Aliencg made me laugh whilst I had coffee in my mouth and now it's coming out of my nose!
Now there is an image for you! Delightful huh?
You my dear have so much. You know it. Sadly you do have to deal with that sack of crap on occasion but I reckon you do just fine! Don't let him or what he says grind you down. Chin up missus!
Is tomorrow Thrustday? Can every day be Thrustday?

laura b. said...

Daffy: hee hee! That is not necessarily a bad image..it is a classic, really :-)
Thanks for your kind words though, they mean a lot.
Sometimes I definitely wish that everyday could be Thrustday.