Tuesday, September 9, 2008

99% Perspiration 1% Inspiration

Today, I seem to have even less inspiration than advertised in the title! I am trying little "get started" tricks and cues. I have written and then erased a couple of false starts. Then I said to myself, "Thank goodness for Tara and her Eclectic Taraday Calendars! And look! Today is "Eat My Shorts" Day! Celebrate The Simpsons! Well, I can do that. I used to love The Simpsons. I still do, in theory, although I haven't watched it regularly for the past couple of years. No particular reason.

Here are some random Simpson quotes:

Homer: D’oh.

Ralph: Me fail English? That’s unpossible.

Lionel Hutz: This is the greatest case of false advertising I’ve seen since I sued the movie “The Never Ending Story.”

Troy McClure: Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about!

Chief Wiggum: Uh, no, you got the wrong number. This is 9-1…2.

Sideshow Bob: I’ll be back. You can’t keep the Democrats out of the White House forever, and when they get in, I’m back on the streets, with all my criminal buddies.

Homer: When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Milhouse: Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? *Why did I have the bowl?*

Lionel Hutz: Well, he’s kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace “accidentally” with “repeatedly” and replace “dog” with “son.”

Comic Book Guy: Last night’s “Itchy and Scratchy Show” was, without a doubt, the worst episode *ever.* Rest assured, I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Homer: I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.

Homer: Save me, Jeebus.

Comic Book Guy: Oh, loneliness and cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix.

Homer: You don’t like your job, you don’t strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That’s the American way.


I actually found these here and just pulled out a few very choice ones...there are many, many more.

So, yay for The Simpsons and all the frosty choco-late hilarity!

Here be some Old Skool Simpsons!

10 comments:

AlienCG said...

Woohoo! Great post. Good job posting some great Simpsons quotes.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I recall suggesting this holiday to Tara.. I'm glad I did.. been so busy lately to not post it.... Thanks for the great quotes.. That is awesome..

Anonymous said...

haha very good. My daughter is Simpsons mad! She has all the box sets...
I have many a 'Homer' moment myself... Usually that little dream cloud of me skipping in the flowery field when there are far more pressing things to be thought about! :o)
You have given me the giggle I needed today! :o)

Anonymous said...

mmmmm, Simpsons quotes (drool running down my face)

well done...my favorite is still Homer getting his college degree and looking at his high school diploma on the wall and burning it..."I am so smart, SMRT..I mean SMART"

laura b. said...

AlienCG: Okely dokely neighborino!

Mrs: Good suggestion! I bet there isn't anyone anywhere who doesn't appreciate something about The Simpsons!

Daffy: When my oldest boys were very small they had these Bart dolls which said things like "Eat my shorts!" and "Don't have a cow, man!"
I like that skipping through a flowery field mind vacation too :-)

Evil-E: Thats a great one! They are almost infinite at this point. I still have a special fondness for that second one, by Ralph...Me fail English? That's unpossible! Just makes me giggle everytime!

Tara said...

These are so funny, I'm sitting here giggling. Thanks for posting one of the eclectic holidays! I need to post something later today to celebrate today's holiday!

Tara said...

Oh and I like

Homer: "Mmmm, sixty-four slices of American cheese...Mmmm."

Doctor (to Lisa): "I know what'll make you feel better. A lollipop!"
Lisa (scowling at the doctor): "Don't patronize me, Doctor."

Churlita said...

So funny. I haven't seen the show in years, but I watched the movie on cable with my daughters this Summer, and I laughed out loud a couple times.

*Renee* said...

LOL cute post! I used to watch them all the time as a kid and remember buying a casette tape of their soundtrack. I also own the game Bart Vs. the Mutants or something like that for the original NES :)! Out of all the game systems, the original NES was awesome and that game with the aliens was fun!

laura b. said...

Tara: Always happy to have Taradays to celebrate! They have saved me many a time and this was a good one :-)
hee hee! Those are good ones!

Churlita: And somehow I still haven't seen the movie. I'm not sure how that's possible.

Renee: You are just the right age to have actually grown up with The Simpsons! I remember the original NES very well. We got it for my sons when they were around 5 or 6. I have vivid memories of Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt.