Thursday, May 4, 2006

Drive Time

Driving to and from work is one of my favorite parts of the day. I almost always give myself enough time so that I don't have to worry about a little traffic. I get to listen to music, sing (this is definitely a solo activity that NO ONE wants or needs to hear), and just sort of reflect upon things. The car is a good place to cry with relative privacy. Sometimes I'll have my coffee or soda, maybe a little snack. So, now you have this awesome visual of me singing and/or crying and shoveling food into my mouth! How cool. When the weather is nice enough, I get the added bonus of putting the top down and feeling the sun and the breeze on my skin. Sometimes there are annoying exhaust sorts of smells, but there are also great smells that you would never notice if you were all sealed in your air conditioned cocoon. There is a big industrial bakery that I pass by with the most amazing smells emanating from it! It is like this scrumptious guilt free treat!
I am quickly approaching my evening drive time. Hope its a good one. I am taking a long weekend, so I will see all y'all on Monday.

No comments: