Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Countdown to Ecstasy

Yeah, don't I wish. I just got the reissued version of this Steely Dan beauty and I was playing it on my way to work today. This is a particularly hard album for me to chose a favorite from, as all of the tracks are really strong. I have always loved "My Old School" though. I like the strong bitter statement of the lyrics, plus it just rocks old school style, you know?
This was one of my retail therapy purchases and the first arrival. I have also been listening to a couple of cds that my oldest son burned for me. Matisyahu's "Youth" is cool and different. On heavy rotation is Panic! At the Disco's "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out". Yes, I am reduced to worshipping boy bands, but these boys seem quite clever, and sometimes quite bitchy to me. I love them madly.

1 comment:

Erin said...

love Panic!