Monday, December 22, 2008

Platonic Dating and More


Here is our goofy little light tree. I'll try and do better next year :-)

Another weekend done come and gone. First things first, so I will tell you how my Friday evening activity with the Activist went. It almost didn't! When I first got to where we were supposed to meet I didn't see him. I was a bit late...and he has no cell phone...so I kinda thought that might be that. However, he had gone back to his house, which was really nearby and called me. So we did finally meet up. I parked my car so we could walk about his neighborhood, which has lots of cool shops and restaurants. We checked out this store called Echo Park Time Travel Mart. It was really cool and all sales go to benefit students that are tutored and mentored by 826LA. Next we went to a casual Italian restaurant for dinner. It was called Masa and the food was pretty amazing. It was very relaxing and we had lots to talk about, although it was fairly noisy. After dinner we went to a bookstore that we'd noticed earlier. For like an hour, we just looked at books and sat together reading. Laugh if you will, but that was pretty much my idea of a perfect evening. No one ever wants to just sit companionably with me and read! It was getting late and I had to get home to pick up Girlie Girl from her friends house, so we called it a night. I felt really happy and just very comfortable. There isn't any kind of sexual vibe there, but we are totally compatible friends I think. And I also think that when you feel really comfortable with someone there are always possibilities yet to be explored. So who knows? But it was a nice night.

My next paragraph will be much shorter, I assure you. Saturday was shopping day. I basically finished up all of my holiday gift shopping. It hasn't been as crowded anywhere as I always fear it will be. Maybe a lot of people already finished and are sitting at home all smug and sassy. But now I am among the smug, sassy finished ones. Um, almost. Okay, yeah, almost...just a couple more things, I swear. Anyway, Saturday evening Handsome Lad came to hang with me while his dad did something or other, so that was nice. We had a fine evening watching Dogtown and Z Boys. Then came a pretty quiet Sunday. I went grocery shopping and did some laundry and pretty much called that my day.

Now it is almost the end of my work day on Monday. I work tomorrow, then only four hours on Wednesday, as the library closes early (too kind.) Then it is Christmas! WTG is hosting Xmas eve, which I was hoping wouldn't happen, but it did. Kick Back Dude and Princess Diva were slated to host, but somehow WTG took it over. Whatevs. And Girlie Girl and I are going over there Xmas morning too, so that everyone can be together to open their gifts. And then? All that's left is to clean up the mess and move on into another year :-)

Hope you all had a good weekend and that you all feel ready for the festivities ahead. Peace!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good Friday evening to me. I'm not laughing about it at all.

Have a good, short week at work and thanks for the birthday wishes.

Anonymous said...

It does sound to me as though you made have found somone special to share the moments you enjoy most. Early days I know, but pretty positive vibes! :o) I'm a vibe girl. Sunday I did pretty much nothing at all! Like you I did my house chores and spent the rest of the day enjoying a quiet house and hiding from the world! :o)
xx

Tara said...

That sounds like a really awesome evening to me too! I like the idea of going to the restaurant and then going to a bookstore afterwards! I'm glad the evening went well and that, if anything, you two have a very cool friendship going on!

laura b. said...

AlienCG: Thanks for not laughing :-)
Your birthday sounds like it went well, barring your unexpected visitors.

Mrs: I'm a vibe girl too!

Sometimes doing what you have to do and then hiding out is the best way to spend the day. Works for me.

Tara: Thanks, Tara. Seems lately I have to choose friendship or something higher in temperature with not much underneath. I think I need friends more.

Pamela said...

I like that last statement: that you all feel ready for the holidays. Not sure I do, but they come anyway!

Sounds like an odd, yet good, date.

laura b. said...

Daffy: Whoops! I called you Mrs! Sorry 'bout that...I knew it was you, but my fingers did their own thing.

NoRegrets: haha! Yes, they come no matter what and we must deal apparently.
Yes! That is exactly right...odd, but good :-)

Churlita said...

There is nothing like cultivating a good friendship. It lasts WAY longer than a hot fling.

A friend of mine was "dating" a guy for a while and was frustrated because nothing physical was happening. It turns out, he was just trying to be cautious. They're married now and seem to have a VERY healthy physical relationship.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful date to me. I think one of the benefits of the tight economy will be that dates will have to be a lot more creative and low key so that they're less expensive...and thereby giving us a chance to really get to know a person rather than just be busy busy busy with another person.

Have a great holiday!

laura b. said...

Churlita: That is true...and what a nice story! Thank you.

NFH: I hope you're right. I mean, I don't like being poor, but I do like finding free/inexpensive activities where you can just talk and hang out.
Merry Christmas :-)