Monday, September 21, 2009

I CAN Be a Glass Half Full Kind of Dweeb


Another week being served up, all fresh and hopeful. I think at heart I am an optimist, but sometimes it takes a little extra work to build that frame for my thoughts, you know? But let me try...

- I had a really good weekend. Saturday was a very solitary day for me, but that is not such a bad thing. I like a bit of alone time, as long as it has an end to it. I slept in later on Sunday than I have in I don't know how long. I suppose I needed it. It was a really pretty day and we all hung out at the park for the afternoon, which felt great. I did have some trouble with a timely shut down that night though. Oh, that wretched extra sleep :-) Weekend bonus, I am starting to get a bit better at Literati, which is how DR and I amuse ourselves on those long weekend nights. But he still cleans up virtually ALL the time. Way too clever.

- For those who didn't suss it out in my comments, allow me to announce that the Drifter is no longer in the employ of the city. She called and gave her two weeks notice Friday morning. Those two weeks will be run out on administrative leave. I am not sure how to adequately convery my relief and deep satisfaction. I've never worked with anyone in all my born years who bothered me as much as this woman did. One of my best friends suggested a purification ritual for her desk area, so as not to attract the same type again. Seemed brilliant to me and I am currently gathering the necessary supplies. Of course, that position will remain vacant, we anticipate, for several months. Hiring freeze and all that. But being down a 40 hour position trumps working with Miss Nutjob, so I still feel like a winner.

- Dancing with the Stars begins again tonight. You all know what that means. Yes, I'm sorry, but I am compelled to chronicle it for you in the sidebar. Okay, maybe not for you...but for me. It is the most cheesiest and injury riddled fun that I know of. Bear with me, because you like me in spite of this minor fixation. Also in the sidebar, you will note that DR will be here in a mere month. I really, really can't wait. Yet I am :-) But not for so very much longer, really. Yay!

So how are you all doing? Feeling optimistic? Not so much? Tell me about it. Let's share our feelings, shall we? Come on. Its fun. Wait, come back! ...

10 comments:

thisnewplace said...

I should probably start watching it but still have the entire season of So You Think You Can Dance on my DVR to watch! (p.s. sleep is good)

AlienCG said...

Sleeping too much on Sundays was always a problem for me too when I was working. Then I would have trouble sleeping on Sunday night.

A cleansing ritual is always a good idea, but try to avoid any animal sacrifices if possible.

Oh boy! Dancing With the Stars! Oh, that's right, I don't watch it.

Here's to a good week!

Churlita said...

Hey, only a month? that's nothing. It will go by so fast.

MrManuel said...

I am always tempted to watch DWTS just because of the hot contestants and this season is no exception, but I just can't bring myself to do it...

Tara said...

Yay, I'm glad the Drifter has drifted out of your life! Yes, a cleaning ritual would help - sea salt, sage....Purel.. :) I hope the next person they hire is very easy to get along with!

Pamela said...

damnation. read this and didn't leave a comment. I'm trying to feel neither optimistic nor pessimistic and just take it a day at a time.

Ananda girl said...

Ding dong the witch is dead! You should have singing munchkins over that one.

I have been watching your countdown to DR with growing happiness for you.

Being a bit aglow myself these days... yep, I am on the optimistic team! Life is good laura b.

laura b. said...

ThisNewPlace: I am watching So You Think You Can Dance too! Sure it takes some commitment, but I am handling it so far :-)

AlienCG: Luckily (I guess) I tend not to sleep in too often.
haha! Half the dept. is vegetarian, so the animal sacrifice is out...but the smudging must occur.
Since you don't watch DwtS, I will be sure to keep you updated, okay?
Thanks!

Churlita: I think so too :-)

MrManuel: Real men watch Dancing! And this season the ladies are hotter than ever..um, a couple of exceptions, but still, plenty to enjoy there...

Tara: Thank you, I'm really happy too. Such relief and I definitely want to release the negative energy :-)

Pamela: That seems like a good stratgy, just letting it happen. Cause it's going to anyway.

Ananda: hee hee! I love that image!
I know this month will go quickly and I'm sooo looking forward to having DR here. And I love knowing how happy you've been lately. Can't think of anyone who deserves it more. Yay Team Optimism!

crazy4coens said...

I am feeling - conflicted - yes/no - happy/sad, tired/full of energy - yikes !!!!

I can hardly wait for LOST - I could do a LOST count down!

You da best for listening for my trivial drivel!

laura b. said...

Crazy4Coens: Conflicted can be tough...but at least the possibility of the positive is there!
You should do a Lost countdown! It is fun to have something to look forward to.
I thrive on your "trivial drivel"...which is maybe trivia, which is awesome, but certainly not drivel :-)