This week’s Friday 5 is inspired by the party game Scattergories, in which players have to come up with items, all beginning with the same letter, in several categories. For example, if the die is rolled and shows the letter R, players might have to come up with a soft drink, a farm animal, a river, and a U.S. President, all beginning with R. Valid answers might be root beer, rooster, Rhine, and Roosevelt.
On the actual Friday 5 site there is a link to a random letter generator and suggestions on how to use it. Since I am lazy and don't want to find the link and don't think we need a random generator for choosing a single letter my option for you is that you should use the first letter of your first name (real or blogger handle, your choice). So...you will use that letter...or heck, some other letter if'n you want....and answer the following questions. Well, I will at least. And maybe you will too!
0. What letter are you using? (this doesn't count for one of the 5!) - L
1. With what famous person, whose name begins with the letter you are using, would you most like to be stuck on a desert island? - Lear, Edward...since I've been thinking of those somewhat odd fellows of literature. I guess he did have some heath issues, which could be problematic on a desert island, but wouldn't he be interesting!
2. What food item, whose name begins with the letter you are using, can always be found in your pantry? - Lemon juice in the little plastic lemon :-)
3. What song, whose title begins with the letter you are using, always makes you feel good? - Love Shack. All B-52s songs would work here...well, they all make me feel good...they don't all start with the letter L...
4. What is your least-favorite film whose title begins with the letter you are using? - Least favorite is always harder than favorite, and there are actually a lot of really good L movies! After a struggle to think of something I saw, but didn't love I am going with The Love Guru. So, so not funny. Guh.
5. What unusual animal, whose name begins with the letter you are using, would be a fun pet? Would a leopard be a fun pet? It would be unusual, but I'm not sure it would be much fun...all that worrying about getting mauled. Maybe I better just have a lhaso apso.
Thanks for playing! And have a xntflqsipv weekend!