I hadn't done a Friday 5 in quite awhile, so I thought I'd give it a go. Please to play along with me and answer in your blog or in my comments. Or not. But it's the cool thing to do. And if you do it, you'll be cool too. Peer pressure! Raaahhhh!
1. How do you feel about fireworks displays? I feel pretty good about them. I mean, they are fun to watch...sometimes I'd even say the effects amaze and delight me. I'm also pretty glad they only come along once in a while, keeping them special.
2. What were the details surrounding one of your mishaps with fire? This was my mishap by proxy. When my two oldest boys were 6 and 7, they were playing in the backyard with one of their friends. I was inside with the two younger kids. All of a sudden all three of the little boys came in for big cups of water...moving fast, claiming great thirst. We had one of those water cooler dispenser type things at the time. Anyway, I was immediately suspicious, because if they wanted something to drink, I promise it wouldn't have been nice big refreshing cups of water. I followed them and saw that they had set the dry grass in back on fire. It was actually spreading pretty quickly. Luckily, I got the hose attached and doused the flames, shaking and screeching at them the whole time. It was scary. Turned out their little friend, whose parents and two older brother smoked, had brought over a lighter. When I took him home, I told his dad what had happened. Not blaming his son, just telling him because I'd want to know if my kid was nearly burned to a crisp. I think the parents might have blamed me, because I don't remember him coming over to play again. Um, and that was a pretty long answer! Sorry 'bout that there...
3. Who in your life could be described as a real firecracker? My granddaughter Miss Personality is just that. You look at her and go, "That girl is a firecracker!" And you mean it.
4. When did you last feel you were being put on display? I put myself on display two or three times a week when I do my storytimes. I'm a regular dancing, singing bear. And small children are a lovely audience if you must be on display.
5. How confident are you in your barbecue skills? Not all that confident, I'd say. I can do it, but I feel I am lacking in mad barbecuing skillz. It's an art and I just don't quite have the flair. Maybe someday. With practice.
Well...Have a great weekend everyone. Seems for most of you it already started. Us'ns here had to work! Sky rockets in flight...ka-phew! Afternoon...uh, nevermind. How very Arrested Development of me. Going now. See ya. Byeeeeee