I think the post title pretty much says it all.
- It was soooo nice having four days off all in a row. In a stunning stroke of fate, WTG was out of town all four days. I got to spend good quality time with the kids, and most especially with Handsome Lad. Yessssss. I slept in until 8:30 or so each day and it felt like heaven. It was hotter than blazes, though, all four days.
- Handsome Lad is now very into skateboarding. During our long weekend we made many trips to the skate park. I have to qualify this before you picture him zooming around daringly on his board. His favorite thing about skateboarding is apparently standing around and shooting the breeze with other kids, while watching the more daring devils ride. I'm fine with that. Not everyone is a major athlete, but the camaraderie of sports is always cool.
- I usually read fiction. Recently though, I decided I was interested in reading more non-fiction. To that end, I checked out four non-fiction books last Thursday. So far, I have read Bad vs. Worst: The Ultimate Guide to Making Lose - Lose Decisions by Joshua Piven, and Born Standing Up by Steve Martin. I am currently reading Elton: The Biography by David Buckley. Next to be read is The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks, MD. So you can see it is some pretty heavy stuff. Um, well, okay you got me. It isn't terribly taxing stuff, but I am still stepping away from my usual path. I'll try not to break my arm patting myself on the back ;-)
Now a couple of questions:
- I'm not sure how to put this...but if anyone reading has a teenage daughter or I guess even if you don't, what are your thoughts on the use of birth control pills to regulate the cycle?
- Does anyone know what they feed those folks on Dancing with the Stars? I always just assumed they subsisted on whatever they could catch in their mouths from the spray tanning sessions. However, food poisoning seems to run rampant on that set! Or perhaps "food poisoning" is code for something else...drunk? hungover? sprained pelvis?
And there you have it. Small bits jammed into one post. An alternate title might be: What happens when organizational skills go on strike.