Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Can't Think, So YOU Pay!

I am lollygagging around trying to think of something interesting to post. Since I can't think of anything "interesting" per say, I decided to go with retarded.

-American Idol was ridiculous last night. Hush, I mean more ridiculous than usual. It was Neil Diamond week and I have to say that no one did a bang up job on his songs. I'm not hating on Neil at all. I'm just saying I would have rather heard Diamonds in the Rough than most of what I heard here. I still have a goofy thing for Jason Castro, his pretty eyes, his perfect teeth, and his incredible dreads. However, he is NOT the next American Idol.

-Dancing with the Stars didn't excite me too much this week. I don't really have a doofusy crush on any of the contestants, except maybe Marissa Jaret Winokur. Sadly, the thing I enjoyed most was Cristian de la Fuenta's arm injury. He has bravely agreed to continue on with the show, as even not completing his second dance he beat out that whiny crybaby Shannon Elizabeth. Yay!

Um, let's see...right about now Princess Diva is getting her ultrasound. She is far enough along that they should be able to determine the baby's gender. First, they need to call and tell me that all is well with New Baby. Then they need to tell me if New Baby will have more than enough clothes or some new blue things will be needed. I'm very excited to find out, either way!

Okay, I apologize for this post. At this point in time, it was the best I could do with what I have in my wee brain to work with. That ever happen to you? Give me a call we'll talk about it! - Chip Douglas, Cable Guy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know what is going on in TV land....I don't watch anything right now, so now I am informed. Thanks.

AlienCG said...

I can now rest a little easier now that I know what's going on on these shows. Thanks for sharing and not hating on Neil Diamond.

Tara said...

If anyone is going to sing Neil Diamond songs, they need to sing them right. Same thing with Johnny Cash songs. If they can't sound the least bit like the original guys, then they need to shut the hell up. There's my two cents. ;)

I've been listening to the soundtrack to "Walk the Line" and I think Joaquin Phoenix did an outstanding job singing Cash's songs.

laura b. said...

Evil-E: Ah, you people with your "lives" who aren't watching tv ;-) Anytime I can help, just let me know...

AlienCG: I could never hate on Neil Diamond. He's in great voice to this day and he seems like a happy guy who loves his job!

Tara: I agree that there are some originals that are not to be tampered with.
I also agree that Joaquin Phoenix did an excellent Johnny Cash!

Churlita said...

I don't watch those shows, but I do love some Neil Diamond. Not the bad cheesy stuff from the eighties, but the late sixties and early 70's songs.

laura b. said...

Churlita: You wouldn't have recognized it if you watched this show. So sad.