Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Flood

AlienCG's post today reminded me of one of my all time favorite albums. They Might be Giants "Flood"I actually haven't listened to it in awhile, but it is one I used to have on constant rotation. To me, it is probably one of the most fun and smart musical offerings EVER. No one tackles the tough subjects, like say... racism or regret, quite like TMBG did in 1990.
Please to enjoy this video of the Johns singing Birdhouse in Your Soul. Not to put too fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet. Make a little birdhouse in your soul. You can't tell me that's not deep!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember them. I borrowed one of their CDs from a friend once. What an unusual band they were.

AlienCG said...

I'm glad I could be an inspiration. I have to pick this CD up, I only have the song "Istnabul."

Tara said...

I know only one song by "They Might Be Giants" and it's because my brother made me a mixed music tape with the song "Particle Man" on it. I love that song, it's very strange. My sister-in-law is sick of it, because they went on bike ride one day and that song kept popping up in circulation.

Churlita said...

I think they're a lot of fun. They still tour. I know they played in the Midwest last Summer.

laura b. said...

Evil-E: And I think unusual in a good way :-)

AlienCG: If I could only choose one TMBG cd this would be the one. Thx again for the mental nudge.

Tara: I know that feeling well of becoming sick of a song, but after enough time goes by and you suddenly hear it again it is like a grand reunion :-D

Churlita: I bet they would be a lot of fun to see live.