Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's Official. I'm Superior.

I was just in my boss' office getting my yearly evaluation. I don't know why, but I felt mildly nervous when she asked if it was a good time to go over my evaluation. I mean, I know she likes me and my work, but sometimes I don't know...I feel like I might be missing something somehow in my work.
There are 22 areas that we are evaluated on and can receive marks of Unsatisfactory, Needs Improvement, Proficient, Meritorious, and Superior. I got Superiors across the board! I felt so proud. Perhaps it is to be expected, as I have been doing basically the same job for the past six years. I better be good at it by now, right? Still, it made me feel good, as did the very positive comments I received. It is amazing how wonderful it feels to be appreciated, even if it is just for doing the job you are paid to do.
I have decided that I am giving myself a gold star today. But not a picture of one to dress up this little entry, cause Blogger ain't playin' like that today. Yo.
Anyway, tell me about your Superiority Complex. What makes you the Superior Beings that I know you all are? Ready, set, brag on yourself!

7 comments:

AlienCG said...

Congratulations, oh, Superior one.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Congrats.. 5 Gold Stars...

Tara said...

Hell WE know you're superior, I'm glad your boss noticed too! How could she not? Congratulations, Ms. Superior!! That is awesome news! You definitely need to celebrate.

Our company doesn't shell out the superior grades. As far as I know, only one girl has gotten them in her review and she has since left for greener pastures.

One of the best compliments I have received from a student is that I'm very approachable and I look them in the eyes..as opposed to other people, I guess. Then there was that moment when the guy complimented my files. That made me very happy.

Churlita said...

Good for you. I've never had a bad review, but I still stress out about every year anyway.

laura b. said...

Dmarks: Thanks!

AlienCG: Ah, you humor me...and I appreciate it.

MrsBHW: Cool, thanks!

Tara: Thank you :-) And I think being approachable is a wonderful trait to be noticed for...as well as your excellent files.

Churlita: Thanks! I guess we need to be more confident in our abilities.

Webcam: Oh man...am I going to have to put up that word thingy on my comments? Grrrr.

Dinah said...

Congratulations!!

laura b. said...

Dinah: Thank you :-)