Tuesday, April 29, 2008

7 Questions About 5 Things Meme, the laura b. Edition.

This is the “5 Things” Meme. I got this one from Tara, best known for her work at Eclectic Spaghetti ;-)

1. What were you doing 5 years ago today?
Um, probably almost exactly the same thing I am doing at the moment. Same job. I did live in a different house though...and we were all five years younger and more... energetic, shall we say?

2. Name 5 snacks that you love:
-Popcorn (salt or seasoning, no butter)
-Ice cream (mint chip, if you're asking...)
-Cashews
-Tim's Sea Salt and Vinegar Kettle Cooked Chips
-Baby carrots with ranch dressing

3. What are 5 things on your ‘To-Do’ list for today/ Or things you’ve already done today:
-Got the kids to school and myself to work
-Did my desk hours
-Read the School Library Journal
-Gathered info. on my ill collegue
-Roamed the blog hills and dales.

4. Name 5 things I would do if I won five million dollars:
-Buy a slightly bigger house, with an adorable guest house for my mom.
-Buy a reliable, but sexy new car.
-Set aside money for the kids' continuing education.
-Do a bit of traveling.
-Give until it felt good.

5. Name 5 bad habits you have:
-Procrastination
-Living in denial
-Avoiding confrontation
-Biting my fingernails
-Comfort eating

6. Name 5 places you’ve lived:
-Phoenix, AZ
-La Puente, CA
-Las Vegas, NV
-Covina, CA
-Glendora, CA

7. Name 5 jobs you’ve had:
-Camp Counselor
-Hostess at a Mexican Restaurant
-Cashier/Stocker at a big chain discount store
-Advertising merchandiser
-Library Tech.

Iffn you wanna play, you know what to do! And know how very much I enjoy getting to know y'all better :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No me-mes for me....

You have lived in a lot of different places. You are quite the nomad.

Things have changed massively for me in 5 years....

Tara said...

Oh you know how I feel about Arizona..I love it. For a few years I considered moving out there. Course I think that every time we have a huge snow storm.

I almost listed something about avoiding confrontation on my list of bad habits. It can be a bad habit, but sometimes it's best to hold back. So I couldn't decide whether it's a bad habit or just an annoyance.

laura b. said...

Evil-E: I know you don't like the memes :-) I don't feel too nomadic as the three places in CA are right on top of each other...and I have lived in Glendora for the past 17 years or so. You have had a lot of changes just within the past 6 months or so!

Tara: I was born in AZ and was so little when we left that I don't remember living there. We have relatives there that I have visited and I do like it very much.
You may have a point about avoiding confrontation...sometimes it is for the best after all.

Churlita said...

I lived in Phoenix too. In California I've lived in Angel's Camp, Leggett, Big Bear Lake, San Francisco, Venice Beach, Glendale and Eagle Rock. Wow. It looks like a lot when you list them all off, huh?

Anonymous said...

Oooooh what kind of sexy car? I would like to have a car that made people stop and look and think "Wow, what a nice car". :o) Sad but true.
I'm not a big mover... I lived in my first house from birth til I was 19, then my second house with my boyfriend/husband (same person ;o) for 13 years and the house I am in now for 6 sixs so far! All within a 15 mile radius! I need to get about more!

laura b. said...

Churlita: But you settled in a place you clearly love :-)

Daffy: I don't know much about cars, really. I actually think the Smart Cars are adorable, but not sexy. I might be too environmentally conscientious to get a truly sexy car.
Nah, you don't need to get out more. You found what works for you!