Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Seamless

...or just falling apart at the seams.  I guess it is mostly Hormonia McWeepy just stopping in, but I am feeling very tender lately.  The next couple of months are feeling a bit overwhelming.  This month I have a Mother's Day lunch to do, Handsome Lad's birthday, and Girlie Girl's prom.  Next month, both of them have graduations, plus Father's Day and Social Animal's birthday.  It feels like too much stuff I can't afford coming down on me all at once.  It is months like these when I'm forced to recognize how close I live to the edge of not having enough.  I get discouraged when I realize I'm going to be struggling like this for the rest of my life.  But of course, I only get like this on bad days :-)


Just  a few minutes ago, I was sitting here at my desk.  I clicked on this link from Presurfer that had these pictures of cats and dogs photobombing each other.  Want to see it?  Look HERE.   Okay, so it really tickled me.  Mostly the way the dogs look so goofy and happy and the cats are mostly glaring malevolently at the camera...anyway, so I was actually laughing out loud at my desk, when all of a sudden I felt something give way inside of me and I started weeping.  Luckily, no one else was here in the office.  It was the oddest feeling.  But it did point out to me that I might just be feeling some stress.  Not much to be done about it, but good to be aware.  Sometimes I ignore my feelings and sometimes I simply don't recognize them. 

Anyway, here's hoping for better days.  And here are a couple of announcements just to reward you for reading this far :-)

It is Mrs. Hairy Woman's birthday!   Let us all wish her a good one and many more to come! 

Also, AlienCG has tagged 3GirlKnight to choose next week's Saturday Scavenger Shots word.  Shot 3GK an email...we'll see if he wants to play. 

Lastly, (whew! ) please stop in tomorrow for Choose and Defend.  I will try to make it something fun.  Actually, suggestions welcomed!  Anytime.  Thanks for bearing with me.  xx

10 comments:

Churlita said...

Yeah. Sometimes there's no fighting your hormones. I try to keep track of where I am in my cycle, so if that kind of thing happens, I can blame it on hormones instead of thinking I'm crazy(er). Then I give myself a get out of jail free card and don't expect too much from myself and watch bad movies and eat ice cream, It makes all that hormone crap so much easier.

I'm with you on the lifetime poverty gig, though. Ugh.

Casual Practitioner said...

When there's a deeper, sadder thing going on with me, stuff will bring me to tears...music, for example. Bjork, especially - but many others too.

I worked out a budget and I'm going to stick to it!! (Or I'll be evicted.) I went a little crazy going out when all that happened happened. But it's reality time for me now that I'm paying all my own way stuff. I'll never retire prollly

Sharyn said...

This time of year is brutal. It's the reason we take the summer off from all the lessons and activities and classes and driving and getting up early. Hope you begin to feel better when things settle down a bit.

laura b. said...

Churlita: Yeah, I try to remain aware of all of that. It helps, but sometimes not enough! I think I need more sleep.
I guess we must think of our poverty as character building, right?

Casual: Oh yes, music can really get to me as well. I mostly feel like a happy and optimistic person, but at times I'd be hard pressed to convince myself or anyone else of that.
I will probably never retire either. So we both better take good care of ourselves!

Sharyn: I am looking forward to the school year being over on the home front. Here at work it just means things get busier.
Thanks for your kind thoughts :-)

NoRegrets said...

Aw, sorry. Not only is there a thin line between love and hate, but also between weeping and laughing.

Thrift store presents!

NoRegrets said...

Oh, this is funny. I read this, and left to go somewhere else, but came back to check on a comment, and read your second tab as "Poverty Challenge".

Tara said...

Oh those emotions - we might think we're going to give them the slip when things are rough, but then they catch up to us with a vengeance.

I'm glad that you had a good laugh and a good cry! I saw those photobombing photos and had myself a good laugh, too! I love the ones where you just see the cat ears popping up over couches and chairs!

laura b. said...

NoRegrets: ha! Maybe I should start a page called Poverty Challenge :-) I am not all that crazy about days when my emotions are riding that close to the surface, but it do happen.

Tara: I can NEVER seem to give my emotions the slip, dangit. But after a couple of down days, I felt much more together and capable today.
Weren't those photos the cutest! :-D

secret agent woman said...

Those photobombs were funny.

I think there is a very fine line between laughing and crying. A few weeks ago, I was laughing and crying at the same time in a restaurant.

laura b. said...

Secret: :-) I sometimes laugh until I cry in a good way too...it isn't always so weird feeling. There definitely is a fine line.