Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh Random, There You Are!

This week is looking ree-dick.  Too many sick call ins on the job.  Too many activities to cover, beyond just making sure the desk is staffed.  But of course this too shall pass.  It will be next week before I know it. 

Looking forward to Handsome Lad's birthday on Friday.  We are planning a family dinner at Golden Dragon that evening and also a family lunch at Peppertree on Sunday.  We gonna celebrate the bejeebers out of 14.


Saturday is Girlie Girl's prom and we're all devoting ourselves to making that a magical experience.  Guh.  I hope she has fun, I do, because she and all of her bazillion friends are so invested in this good time. 

On my countdown clock it is very odd to note that in 8 days it will have been a year since DR left.  I'm trying not to worry about how much longer he'll be gone, as I have zero control over that...and in some ways I think he feels like he does too.  I think that is what discourages me the most, although I certainly understand it.  

Now I will stop.  You're welcome.  

9 comments:

MrManuel said...

Almost a year, huh? I seem to remember you hoped he would be back in 6 months. Boo...

Good luck with the hectic week.

laura b. said...

MrManuel: A year and counting. I just don't know...
And thanks :-)

secret agent woman said...

A year. Ouch. That's hard.

It took me a minute to understand "ree-dick." I thought you were being obscene. :-)

laura b. said...

Secret: It's been brutal, as you've all had to hear on occasion.
ha! I wasn't being obscene, but with the mood I've been in it's just a heartbeat away.

Churlita said...

I just wen through two similar birthday/prom experiences. Mine went just fine, I hope yours does too.

Now, if you want to tell me where DR is, I'd be happy to go there with a cattle prod and put a little fire under his ass....

laura b. said...

Churlita: Well, though...clearly you are a much more peppy and organized person than I am! But I think everything will be okay :-)

And DR is closer to you than me...he's in North Carolina. Go get him! haha :-)

Tara said...

If my close friends in school were into the prom, I probably would've been excited about mine. I didn't go, but I don't usually regret that decision until I see how much others look forward to their prom.

That photo of Handsome Lad is awesome. I love the tutu! :D

BrightenedBoy said...

Happy birthday to your son.

I'm sorry about the situation with DR. You seem like a very optimistic and goal-oriented person, and I guess the only thing I can really say is that time will make you stronger.

laura b. said...

Tara: I went once...I think there might be post in that story :-)

haha! Thanks, he wears it well!

BB: Thank you for your kind words. I believe in optimism and try to practice it. I admit this year has tested me. We'll see what happens next...