Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm Ready For the Real Thing, But Nobody's Selling

It is definitely a Wednesday today...so that definitely means Choose and Defend.  First, however, a bit of housekeeping.   Last night was the season finale of Dancing with the Stars.  None of your ponies won this race.  First time since I've been playing this game that has happened!  Ah well...we can play again in the Fall or whenever they start their kajillionth season next time :-D

Now...on to Choose and Defend!  Last week, I asked you about your favorite 80s movie teen, boy edition.  This week, I didn't have any more stunning ideas so I thought - why not favorite 80s teen, girl edition?  And so that is what we shall do!  Who will you Choose?

Baby
Or

Watts

I guess it might be kind of weird that I didn't put a Molly Ringwald character in here, but these are two interesting and very different characters, so I thought they'd be fun!  Are you having fun?  Nevermind...no need to answer that.  Just Choose and Defend!  Thanks, buddies.

11 comments:

MrManuel said...

Baby. Totally Baby. Watts can go in a corner.

3GKnight said...

Watts, cause she's hotts.

dmarks said...

I've run aground on this one. Attempts to find what movie Watts came from find a zillion Naomi Watts references.

laura b. said...

MrManuel: Oh, nice! haha! One for Baby.

3GK: Nice to see you :-) She is hotts! One for Watts.

Dmarks: I'm sorry, I should have said. Watts, played by Mary Stuart Masterson, is from Some Kind of Wonderful.

Tara said...

I am not familiar with Watts - what movie is the character from? I know the actress, I liked her in "Fried Green Tomatoes".

So I'll choose Baby, but I liked Jennifer Grey better in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". I'm very picky today. :)

laura b. said...

Tara: I must have been showing my age or something when I did this Choose and Defend. Watts was in Some Kind of Wonderful. She was in love with Eric Stoltz and he was in love with Lea Thompson :-)
Two for Baby.

NoRegrets said...

Where is Watts from?

dmarks said...

I will choose Baby, because I liked that sitcom, whatever it was called, in which Jennifer Grey played Jennifer Grey the next-door neighbor.

laura b. said...

NoRegrets: I now know that apparently none of you read comments above! haha! Watts is from Some Kind of Wonderful...which I also now realize I might have been the only one to see it.

Dmarks: I remember that show! After the nose job and they made a lot of jokes about how she didn't look like herself anymore.
Three for Baby.

Churlita said...

Watts. She is that hilarious Hollywood "unattracitve". I should be so unattractive...

laura b. said...

Churlita: You're right...those Hollywood "plain" girls and boys :-) Two for Watts

Everyone: We have 3-2 favoring Baby over Watts. Sorry about how many had to ask about Watts!!!