Monday, May 23, 2011

Prom 2011

Some of you may have already seen these photos on Facebook, but I had to blog them as well.  Girlie Girl looked so beautiful and happy going off to prom with her friends.  She was one of the princesses and found that very funny.  She didn't win Prom Queen, but I know she pretty much rules the school, so I don't think she was too disappointed.

Girlie Girl and her two best friends.  They have been an item since their Freshman year.  GREAT kids.

Hard to get the whole group in.  I think they had 44 kids in their group.  And a huge party bus to get them where they needed to go.  They all looked maaahhhvelous.

Girlie Girl and her date, D.  They aren't dating, just friends.  Don't they look sweet?

Prom Princess and devoted Auntie.  It was cute...Miss Personality kept asking where the ring was...she was pretty sure she was at a wedding.  She was also fascinated by the corsages.
 
Me and my darling daughter.


It was a lot of fun taking pictures and seeing the kids off.  I always feel sort of in awe when I see Girlie Girl with her people.  She's very popular and outgoing, which she certainly doesn't get from me!  haha!

She got in very late, so we didn't talk right away, but when I talked to her yesterday she told me she'd had a great time, although the actual dance was her least favorite part...she liked before and after the most.  Seems like a lot would be different between my prom (1979, Junior year) and hers...and some things are.  But some things never change.  More on that tomorrow.

6 comments:

NoRegrets said...

wonderful!

Tara said...

Girlie Girl is so pretty and looks very happy in these photos! I love the one with the two of you.

Oh and I love the tiara! I should be able to wear one to work.

Churlita said...

You two are so adorable together. you couldn't ask for a better color for Girlie Girl's dress either.

laura b. said...

NoRegrets: I think so too :-)

Tara: You should totally be able to rock a tiara at work. You are the Princess of Access!

Churlita: It is a pretty color. Thank you :)

secret agent woman said...

Aw, I especially like the picture of you and your daughter. But where's YOUR tiara?

laura b. said...

Secret: Thank you :-) I guess they couldn't find one big enough for my head. haha!