It is Friday, yay! I am on Day Two of my Four Day weekend. So far, it has been pretty non-productive, but I am still enjoying myself. I don't have a great need to be productive ALL the time ;-) So...how about some Friday 5 for day 2 of 4? Great! Feel free to join in the good times. That's right, dangit, the good times!
1. What are your thoughts on “air quotes?” The ruling on "air quotes" is - to be used ironically or for comic effect only. Any other use constitutes douchery and you will be disqualified.
2. If you are the sort to flip someone the bird, what were the circumstances surrounding your most recent flip? If you’re not that type, have you ever, ever used that gesture? I am not a big bird flipper. It is kind of a silly gesture. For genuine anger, I much prefer the Mafiosa type punchy fist bicep grab thing...knowhatimean? Either that, or the Geller double fist hit. That one is awesome. Um., anyway I'm pretty sure the last time I flipped someone the bird was when I was just goofing off with DR. He probably said something non-complimentary about Nurse Jackie or something...
3. What’s a gesture you’ve made up, or what’s a gesture made up by (and shared with) your friends or family? I honestly can't think of anything we've actually made up. We aren't that clever I guess. But we are very monkey-like in that we can imitate brilliantly! Anyone worth knowing is way into calling someone a chicken by using one of the super "chicken" variations devised by the Bluths.
4. Are there any gestures that have specific, unique meanings in your workplace? Nah, but we do tend to use the universal finger-circling-the-temple-to-indicate-craziness a LOT. But don't worry...we are completely discreet about it. It is just, you know, you get a few wack jobs in the library. It is just one of those things.
5. Have you ever received an anonymous gesture of kindness or affection? Hmmm... I guess on this one I will mention how happy it makes me when someone on the road gives me the go ahead wave or the thank you wave when there is some merging or pulling out stuff going on. It always sort of restores my faith in humanity.
I hope you all have a weekend full of kind gestures and good laughs. As for me, I have a community college graduation to get through tonight for young Princess Diva. So wish us luck navigating a stadium filled with the family and friends of about 500 graduates. *sigh* Why am I now imaging lots of birds in my future? ;-)