Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Love It When You Call Me Big Poppa

It is Wednesday, therefore it is time to Choose and Defend.  I'm thinking about...well, lots of things.  But I narrowed it down to Father's Day.  It is this Sunday, in case you have not marked your calendars :-)  This year, let us say that we are not feeling inspired and we are going to go old school traditional on dad.  What traditional gift would you give your father or a father in your life?  Here are your choices:

A Tie

OR

A Barbecue Apron

Hey, what can I say?   I think these are the Father's Day standards.  I didn't make that decision!  I just show up here and do my thang.  So Choose and Defend.  If you want, feel free to share what you might actually give out on a day such as that :-)    And if it actually is a tie or a barbecue apron, well no judgement here, I promise.

6 comments:

AlienCG said...

My dad does not wear ties in his day to day life, but he is the master of the grill although he doesn't wear an apron. I will have to say I would buy him the APRON. That's my answer.

Churlita said...

I've never had any decent dad or dad replacements in my life...But if I did, could I choose to get them liquor instead?

crazy4coens said...

apron

Tara said...

The closest father figure in my family is my brother who lives nearby. He loves to cook, so without a doubt, I choose a barbecue apron! I think he'd appreciate one with the Tasmanian devil on it, too. :)

secret agent woman said...

Back when my father was sill a presence in my life, I gave him... well, it's been so long I can't remember. But I don't think he'd have wanted either a tie or an apron.

laura b. said...

AlienCG: And the truth is, most dads will love anything you give them, right? One for Apron.

Churlita: Of course! Your choice! Along with one of my choices. sigh.

C4C: Thank you :-) Two for Apron.

Tara: I think it is very cool that you have an older brother nearby to be sort of fatherly :-) Three for Apron.

Joven: Right, thanks.

Secret: Fathers can be a strange breed I guess. So, who cares what he wants. Give him what you think he'd hate less. Or most. sigh.

Everyone: You guys won't play my game! haha! But the Grilling Apron wins, thanks to Alien, Tara, and C4C. Yay!