AlienCG spent the past couple of days putting together a guest list for a dinner party. Anyone can have this sort of dinner party and you can invite anyone you want, dead or alive! Imagine the possibilities.
I did something like this about a year ago. HERE is the link. Mine was for five fictional characters and some of you even participated and put together your own guest lists.
This time, we are going for real people, past or present. Anything goes, as far as I know. So, here is my list:
1. Anne Tyler - One of my favorite authors. She has had a long, steady career, which I admire and she writes about the little daily joys and pains so beautifully. I can't help but want to get to know her!
2. Albert Einstein - A bit of a cliche maybe, but aside from his genius, he has always struck me as a bit of a character. From what has been written about him, I'm not sure I'd want to live with him or anything, but as a dinner party guest, what could go wrong?
3. Freddie Mercury - I love Queen; I LOVE his voice. He seems to have been a kind and fun loving guy. I think he'd certainly have some great stories to tell.
5. Roald Dahl - You can't tell me that guy did not have a sick sense of humor. Okay, clearly humor is important to me. And I'd like to hear what he thinks of the movie adaptions of his books.
6. Johnny Depp - He and Roald could discuss that last point perhaps. I had to have Johnny, because he is handsome and brooding and makes some very interesting choices in the roles he takes and in the way he portrays them.
7. David Sedaris - Okay, yes, I like funny men who can spin a good yarn! I think he'd sort of draw people together, too. He seems like a good host type of person. What do you say, David...want to co-host this party with me?
8. Queen Latifah - Simple. I have had this HUGE girl crush on Queen Latifah for years. If I had a chance to get her at my table, yeah...
10. DR - I thought about different family members, and they would each bring something special to the mix. But the corny truth is that everything is better when DR is around, so he has to be around for this.
I hope you enjoyed perusing the guest list and I hope you may feel inspired to create one of your own. It's fun!