Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me

It is already Wednesday again. Hump Day, hyuck, hyuck, hyuck... And clearly it is shaping up to be one of those weeks around here. Still, I always look forward to Choose and Defend Wednesday, despite it's mixed success :-) I like thinking of choices and I always enjoy the responses. So...let us begin. Share this bit of info. with us, if you please. Choose, then tell us about it...Defend!

How do you see yourself, generally speaking, as you move through life? Are you....

A Voyeur?

Or are you more of....

An Exhibitionist?

Now, I know those particular terms have certain conotations, but they needn't. It is simply a matter of whether you prefer to watch or be watched. Choose and Defend. Because it is Wednesday and it is what we do at My Boring Life. Thanks!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Most of the time I am a voyeur. I like to watch people, especially in a mall or airport.

Pamela said...

Oh boy, depends on the mood!

FW said...

I guess I'd fall into the voyeur category. Although, I'm an exhibitionist at home!

Churlita said...

I spent years being invisible, as a survival technique when I was younger. Now that I'm older, I'm way of an exhibitionist. If I had to choose, I'd go with voyeur. It's more familiar to me.

laura b. said...

Tara: I love people watching too :-) One voyeur.

NoRegrets: Aw! Well, okay, I can see where this could be mood or situational based. Both.

FW: Yes, see? Situational. And another who is both.

Churlita: Invisibility is a tried and true survival technique. It is nice that now you can just use it by choice. So, going with voyeur.

Everyone: Interesting. Everyone recognizes how situational this choice can be. So, now we have 2 who feel most like watchers and 2 who feel equally commited to watching and being watched. I'd love to hear more. Anyone else?

k_sra said...

Nice feature. Sorry I'm a week late. : )

I'm an exhibitionist at first, a voyeur later. Meaning, I'm a fake extravert. I like the limelight, I am trained for the limelight, but when I weary of it, I literally disappear. But if I had to pick one it'd be a show-stopping, attention-hogging, crowd-pleasing exhibitionist.

laura b. said...

K_sra: A fake extrovert! That is pretty interesting. I am a genuine introvert...much less intersting.

Anyway, I am glad to be able to put one who likes being watched on the board here :-)