Friday, February 13, 2009

Best of Both Worlds

I wanted to revisit a piece of my post from last year's birthday. Here it is:

Edit...Tara's comment reminded me that I wanted to tell this funny thing about my co-workers. Usually within each Dept. we will do a little celebration with a cake or something. Two people in Children's are trying to diet. I'm not one of them....be quiet. Anyway, at their birthday's they wanted fruit or something "healthy". I have been saying for at least two or three months that I want chocolate cake! No fruit on my birthday! Today, what do you think? I got flowers :-) The Dept. Head, Smiley, told me that Drifter and Glenn Close Parker Stevens, the dieters, had both said they didn't want to be tempted with cake so...flowers! Dang dieters....

Boy, oh boy, can I ever bitch, eh? This year, I am happy to report that my co-workers did the right thing :-)Here is what is left of the chocolate cake that they gave me at our section meeting on Wednesday. I took it home and now Girlie Girl, Handsome Lad, and I are picking our way through it. It is delicious.

Also, if you read my last Choose and Defend Wednesday post, including the comments, you will see that I came around to the idea of flower appreciation. You girls are persuasive! So, it was fun to come home from work yesterday to find that my dad and step-mom had sent me these......beautiful roses! Here they are on my kitchen table. They smell wonderful and add a bit of luxury to my humble abode.

So, as you can see, I have nothing to complain about and aren't we all thankful for that! I even ended up getting a long weekend, just by the luck of my regular rotation. The crowd goes wild! Long weekend! It is like my own personal present from the cosmos :-) Yeah, I must think a lot of myself - haha!

4 comments:

Tara said...

I still can't get over the fact that people who weren't having a birthday that day last year had the nerve to request you didn't get a cake. I'm glad you got one this year, that looks delicious!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!

NoRegrets said...

oh that's so wonderful.. I'm jealous of the flowers

Churlita said...

Happy birthday again!I'm so glad you got a cake. One thing about being a single mom, is that we hardly ever get cakes on our birthdays unless we make them ourselves (which I've done before).

I'm glad you got your cake, could eat it too AND got beautiful roses. You deserve all that plus your extra day.

laura b. said...

Tara: I thought that was pretty ridiculous too!
And thank you very much :-)

NoRegrets: They are still looking beautiful and were a very nice gift.

Churlita: Thanks! haha! I have made my own cake before also. Having a three day weekend was sooooo nice...