Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Meme From the Mrs. @ Live Life Love Life (part Two)

Thanks for the tag Mrs. Big Hairy Woman. I do love memes and being tagged is cool. So here you go.

How to play:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

This is "Songs without Words" by Ann Packer. I just picked it up out of New Books and thought I'd give it a try. She also wrote "The Dive From Clausen's Pier" which I remember liking pretty well. I haven't started it yet though. I am just finishing "The Diving Pool" by Yoko Ogawa. I would have used that, but it is a slim volume of three novellas with only 105 pages.

Here are the next three sentences after the fifth sentence on page 123:

Did everyone in the world have to know? She'd made a mistake. She hadn't even meant it.

There you go. Intrigued? Dang, me too! ;-)

I don't really know who to tag, but if anyone is into it, feel free. I always thinks these little things are rather fun. Remember kids, keep reading!

3 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Thanks for playing along.. I am so intrigued by those three sentences... I wonder what happens now? LOL

Tara said...

This was a fun meme! I did this one on a book I haven't read yet, but intend to soon. It's a James Patterson novel.

laura b. said...

MrsBHW: Thanks for tagging me :-) I am planning to spend as large a portion as possible of the weekend on reading.

Tara: I enjoy James Patterson. He has written so many books and most of them are quite scary or creepy.