Nah, dawg! Not me! In the new world order, I am happy and at peace with my life. Let me count the ways!
1. My two youngest kids remembered to wish me Happy Birthday this morning when they got up. That made me feel great.
2. I got text messaged Happy Birthdays from Princess Diva, Kick Back Dude, Secret Agent Man, and Social Animal. Sweet!
3. Milly made sure to mention in our full staff meeting this morning that it is my birthday. That was embarrassing, but still...who doesn't want everyone to know it is their "special day"?
4. Also Milly bought me lunch today. Thai...pad thai. Awesome!
5. My mom called to wish me Happy Birthday :-) Moms rule.
6. Team C wanted to get together yesterday, but my schedule made it impossible. He gets credit for trying.
7. I also got a voice mail and ecard from him. It made me happy...what can I say?
8. I have gotten many, many Happy Birthday wishes from all y'all, my online posse, so to speak. That also makes me happy!
Now, I realize that not everyone keeps a sort of running tally of who has acknowleged your birthday and who hasn't. Clearly, however, I do. It probably has something to do with my self-esteem issues. I promise to work on that this year :-)
Happy Valentine's / Singles Appreciation Day to you all! ♥♥♥
Edit...Tara's comment reminded me that I wanted to tell this funny thing about my co-workers. Usually within each Dept. we will do a little celebration with a cake or something. Two people in Children's are trying to diet. I'm not one of them....be quiet. Anyway, at their birthday's they wanted fruit or something "healthy". I have been saying for at least two or three months that I want chocolate cake! No fruit on my birthday! Today, what do you think? I got flowers :-) The Dept. Head, Smiley, told me that Drifter and Glenn Close Parker Stevens, the dieters, had both said they didn't want to be tempted with cake so...flowers! Dang dieters....