Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hard Drive Death

Yesterday the hard drive on my work station computer died a violent blue death. Let us observe a moment of silence.... Thank you. Welcome new hard drive. May you live long and prosper. Lucky for me, I had all my work backed up. Yay! All I had to do today when my computer returned to me was to personalize my settings and re-do my Favorites list. It is sort of ironic...I had just written a blog message about social bookmarkers, such as del.icio.us, for that Library 2.0 project that we are working on here. Not a huge fan, I wrote. I could see how they'd be handy if you used different computers or browsers, but I just use my own Favorites folder...blah, blah, blah. Huh, well, my computer told me a thing or two! I was schooled! Damn. I probably still won't use del.icio.us though...I am just too lazy to get involved in one more internet tool or something...Besides this hard drive should be good to go forever, right? haha!

6 comments:

AlienCG said...

Well, you followed the key rule of computer use. Back everything up.

I generally use two computers, my laptop and my desktop. I really don't need too many off-site tools.

Tara said...

Your old hard drive isn't really dead if you find a way to remember it. My condolences to you, but also congrats for the rebirth. ;)

Anonymous said...

I see the soul of the old hard drive has moved into the new. It is like some sort of reincarnation.

laura b. said...

AlienCG: One of my first and most consistent computering lessons has been Back It Up. But, yeah, the offsite tools are just too much for me it seems.

Tara: haha! My computer and I thank you for your kind words during this time of change.

Evil-E: Reincarnation! As long as my hard drive doesn't get all freaky and start reliving past lives on me we're cool.

Churlita said...

Sorry to hear about your hard drive. May it rest in peace.

laura b. said...

Churlita: Amen.