Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

This is my last day as a 44 year old. I'm not feeling too bad about that. It is tempting to wallow in the bad stuff about the rapid passing of time, but I think I can resist that particular temptation. With this coming year I want instead to renew and strengthen my resolve to live my life joyfully and with gratitude. I know anyone reading my blog would find it hard to believe, but that really is my goal :-) There are things in my life that are not as they should be. There are things I can, should, and will change...and then there are the other things. The things that for now just ARE. Even with all my complaints though, my life, like all lives, is miraculous in its own way. I am going to work hard this year to remember that. I guess that will have to be my birthday gift to myself. I hope this didn't seem too corny or stupid. I suspect it might (thus the title for this post)...but once again I thank you for bearing with me as I navigate my way through my own moodiness.

7 comments:

minijonb said...

may your next year be full of that joy stuff... happy birthday in advance!

laura b. said...

MiniJonB: Thanks very much :-)

AlienCG said...

Never wallow and never have regrets. Everything happens in our lives for a reason.

Happy Birthday, L.B.

MrManuel said...

Sounds like a good gift to yourself. Happy birthday to you.

Tara said...

That is an excellent birthday resolution. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!

Churlita said...

Happy Birthday! Last year I worked on not taking everything (especially dating) that seriously. It's been the best thing I've done for myself. Take time for yourself to have fun and you won't regret it.

laura b. said...

AlienCG: Good advice and you are so right. The things that happen do so for a reason. Thank you.

MrManuel: Thanks very much :-)

Tara: Thanks, Tara! I can even imagine what you'd sound like really singing that :-)

Churlita: I have to say that given where you are in your life, I am very inclined to take advice from you. Thank you very much.