Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Secret Agent Man / Late Sat Scav Shot

PART I

I wanted to start this post by saying Happy Birthday to my Paul Secret Agent Man. Today my second son is 26, which of course seems impossible. We are having a family dinner tonight at WTG's house in Secret Agent Man's honor, so that is something to look forward to today. Finally, a family event we can count on this guy to show up at! He isn't called Secret Agent Man for nothing :)  ♥♥♥
Secret Agent Man to your left, looking menacing. Shown here one Christmas eve at grandma's house with Social Animal.

 
PART II
 

Now. I am hoping that anyone eagerly anticipating my Saturday Scavenger Shots post (although who that would be, I'm not sure) was able to exercise PATIENCE. Here it is, Monday...and here I am finally posting a Saturday post.   This week's word was choosen by Tara @ Eclectic Spaghetti.

I tend to think of myself as possessing PATIENCE. Other times, though, I feel more like what passes for PATIENCE is more like inertia or fear of rocking some boat. Still, PATIENCE is a virtue, or so it is said. So I will try and take some credit here for possessing at least the semblance of some virtue!

Having to wait until Monday to post gave me an extra opportunity to find the right photo for the theme.  Yesterday (Sunday) DR and I had Little Prince over for a few hours while his mom was having her graduation from Nursing school. It is always fun, and a bit easier, to have one of the kids at a time.


Having a four year old to care for exercises my PATIENCE in a way that I don't get much practice at these days. Little Prince is such a good boy. Very easy going and happy. I know he doesn't look too happy here! He is staring intently at Spongebob Squarepants...and I think we'd tired him out in the pool.  But anyway, even very good small children do require the PATIENCE it takes to listen constantly. They so want to interact in every moment. I am someone who can easily zone out...and I have a lot more room to do that now that my own children are fairly grown. But with younger children it seems very important, to me, to give them that feedback and stimulating conversation that they tend to enjoy. So....PATIENCE :)

I hope you all had a good weekend and will have the PATIENCE to wait through another week for yet another weekend. Now, we just have to see who Tara tags for this coming week.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Hey, Happy Birthday to Secret Agent Man! Also, congrats to Little Prince's mom for graduating from nursing school! Our first batch of students from the Nursing program will probably be graduating next year. I'm not crazy about their tassel color; salmon, but it'll be a big event for them.

I think a good deal of my patience comes from the desire to avoid rocking the boat too. I will wait it out and stew as long as I can before I resort to confrontation.

I tagged AlienCG, and I just posted my photos up too.

BrightenedBoy said...

Happy birthday to Secret Agent Man!

It's hard to believe that we're all entering our mid twenties; he's only two years older than me!

laura b. said...

Tara: Thanks! Lots of good stuff going on. Hmmm, yes, salmon is a tough color to appreciate. I'm sure the students will not be too concerned though :)
I have a feeling we are a lot alike in our approach to confrontations...avoidance!
Your post is great and Alien is on board!

BB: Thank you:) I tend to think of all you guys as still "kids"...but of course you are not. But I will admit, sometimes I forget that I'm not a kid myself...and I'll be 50 in a few months!

Secret Agent Woman said...

Happy birthday to the son with a great nickname!

laura b. said...

Secret: Thank you!