Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An Awkward Pause, Then 'What's My Line?'

Hello all you scamps and rascals! Welcome to Choose and Defend Wednesday here on me little blog. I tried to think of something Autumn-y, but it is just not very Autumnal here yet. By the end of the week it is meant to cool down into the 80s....so we'll see. 

Anyway, I decided to go with a simple movie question. I think everyone has one...or perhaps several movies, that they enjoy watching over and over. Sure, you take a break sometimes, but then it happens to be on and you get sucked right back in. What kind of movie is mostly likely to have that effect on you?

Comedy
OR

Drama

Feel free to take these categories as widely as you like. Also, feel free to name some of your favorite multiple-view movies in comments, if you'd like. I'd love to hear about them! Choose and Defend!

5 comments:

AlienCG said...

I am going to have to go with comedy. There are too many good ones that have that pull on me. One such example is The Princess Bride. If I see it on TV, I stop what I'm doing, sit my butt down and watch it the rest of the way through. Definitely COMEDY.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Hmmm. I guess comedy - but not of the slapstick variety. I don't like to see anyone hurt or humiliated. But I do like things that make me laugh. Especially kind of off-beat comedy.(That said, I'm also a sucker for sweet, quirky dramas.)

Tara said...

Comedy, mainly, so that's my answer. However, if "Silence of the Lambs" comes on, I get drawn to that one, too.

FW said...

It does depend very much on my mood. I'll go Drama though because that's more reflective of what I've been watching recently.

laura b. said...

Jasen: That's definitely a sweet spot...love The Princess Bride! One for Comedy.

Secret: I can appreciate sweet quirkiness, for sure :) Two for Comedy.

Tara: I have seen SotL so many times! But me too...mostly funny stuff. Three for Comedy.

FW: Yes, it can really be a mood based thing. I can tell you like action films quite a lot! One for Drama.

Everyone: So far Comedy leads Drama in the 'movies you come back to' category, with a score of 3-1 Anyone else? Go on and tell!