Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday 5 - Specific Favorites

Hey there all you chin waggers and silent partners!  Having a fairly quiet Friday, so I thought it would be fun to enjoy some Friday 5 goodness. This time, it is personal! Well...it is always somewhat personal, but anyway....

Here are my answers and photos for illustrative purposes :) 

1. Where is your favorite tree? My favorite tree is at Big Tree Park in Glendora, CA. It is called a Moreton Bay Fig. Every family in Glendora takes at least one big family photo amidst the roots.

2. Where is your favorite chair? My favorite chair seats two. It could be called a love seat, which I always thought was a very nice name. But for today, it is a chair. This picture was taken in the shop, before we brought it home to our livingroom.

3. Who has your favorite hair? My son Social Animal has fantastic hair! Long or short, I think it is superb!

4. What’s your favorite mug (or other drinking vessel) like? My favorite drinking vessel once held strawberry lemonade. Now I keep it at work, filling it with cold water throughout the day. It is cheerful and I like drinking out of glass containers.

5. Where’s your favorite parking spot (not at home)? I have my spot at work that I like to get when I can. It is next to a no parking area, so there is only another car on one side. It is one of the closest spots to the door I like to enter through. Today, I got my spot!

Thanks for coming around these parts for some Friday 5. I hope you'll play along in comments or on your own blog. As always, I look forward to hearing from you!  Stop in tomorrow to see what I can come up with for PATIENCE. Hmmm.

8 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

This post made me realize I have few specific favorites of anything. I do have a favorite coffee mug, which I bought to replace the favorite mug I dropped. Even though I already had several others, they weren't favorites.

3GKnight said...

Social animal has some pretty fantastic hair! My favorite mug is from Mount Rushmore. I also have a collection of 3 beer steins, 3 of which I almost never use.

FW said...

I can see why you love Social Animal's hair! I would find it hard to find answers to most of these questions.

laura b. said...

Secret: I can see the positive side of not having favorites. Glad you were able to find a new favorite mug!

3GK: He does! haha! Sounds like your beer stein collection is mainly ornamental :)

FW: I love the color and its exuberance. No favorites, as I said to Secret Agent Woman, might be a good thing.

Tara said...

I saw a tree over the weekend that I could easily claim as my favorite. Someone has a huge tree in their front yard that is bright red right now. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love autumn.

laura b. said...

Tara: That does sound gorgeous. And even though our autumn here is not as pretty, I am looking forward to a bit of a cool down :)

Pamela said...

btw I love that tree too (only know it from the photo)

laura b. said...

NoRegrets: Isn't it cool? It has real personality.