Can I tempt you with some Friday 5? This one is about where you draw the line, which to me is always interesting to ponder. I invite you to share your answers in comments or on your own blog. It's fun!
1. What’s something you were unreasonably forbidden from doing when you were a kid? When I was a kid, I didn't think of my mom as particularly strict. I do remember wishing she let me participate more fully in skating, which I enjoyed competitively. I thought it was that she wasn't that interested, but now I realize it was probably about money. So when she said no to another lesson or practice it felt unreasonable, but it wasn't at all!
2. In what area of your life would you say you have especially conservative boundaries? I am not a particularly conservative person in a lot of ways. I guess maybe I have relatively conservative boundaries in what I consider appropriate to wear....for myself mostly, but even for others I can get a little judgey. I mean, save some surprises is all I'm saying.
3. In what area of your life would you say you have especially permissive boundaries? I have tended to be quite permissive as I've raised my children. Obviously I don't think of myself as overly permissive, but I am definitely of the mind that even from a young age there are some choices that kids can at least feel like they've made on their own (with guidance).
4. In what area of your life do you routinely go over the line? I am shy by nature, so I can't think of an area of my life where I routinely go over the line. I can get very silly...maybe sometimes I cross a line of some sort regarding childish behavior. Oh! And the whole getting pissed about being pranked thing I have...I probably cross a line when I get so angry about looking foolish. So apparently, only I am permitted to make myself look ridiculous. Hm.
5. How many keys do you have on your key ring? Usually eight. Apt. key, mailbox key, car key, garage cabinet key, work key, three desk/cabinet keys. So, not too unreasonable! But right now I have...nine because I don't have my car key...I have DRs keychain attached to mine with his car and house key...so nine. Still not too janitorial, right?
Please check back tomorrow for Saturday Scavenger Shots. This week's word is TRAIN. I'm sure your on board for that! Um, okay. I'll go now....