Thursday, December 24, 2009

Celebrate Good Times. Come On!


 Here is the way our little Casa de _________ is looking at the moment.  Tres festive and present-y, no?

I am happy to report that WTG was able to pull his large head out of his large ass and get it together in time for a nice family Christmas.  He still isn't talking to me, but a few days ago we all received a mass text saying he was putting aside his evil until after the New Year.  Everyone was invited to his place for Xmas Eve dinner.  Well, hallelujah.  I'd be all self-righteous and refuse to show, but that would only hurt me!  So, of course I will be there, as will the rest of the family...except for Secret Agent Man, who is working every single holiday for the big bucks it offers.  I don't blame him...I did that when I was his age too.  Well, not his age, because I already had two kids by then...but you know what I mean.  It is a young, single person's thing to do.  Anyway...I am sure it will be a really nice evening and I am looking forward to it in spite of myself :-D

Tomorrow, Girlie Girl and I will go back over there so that the kids can be together to open their gifts.  After that, I am expecting a quiet, peaceful day of gloating over my new acquisitions.  DR is coming over later in the day, after he has done his family stuff too. 

I am taking this whole next week off from work.  Yay!  I am way excited.  I have no special plans beyond sleeping in and probably laying on the couch watching movies.  Seriously.  You people would be amazed at the depths of my laziness.  Or maybe by now you wouldn't be even a little bit surprised :-)    Some of us do go back a ways, after all. 

Anyway....I sincerely wish you all a Merry Christmas!   And as us old hippies say, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!  haha!  I mean, ho ho ho! HO!  

5 comments:

crazy4coens said...

Merry Christmas Laura. Enjoy your family times, your presents, DR and your week off. I love watching movies! Have a grand old time! And again, Merry Christmas!

FW said...

Great post, hope the meal goes well. Your plans sound very similar to my own!

Tara said...

Enjoy your week off! You've earned it, and I hope you do get the chance to relax and watch movies!

Merry, merry Christmas!

I love that photo of your tree with all the presents under it. Totally ready for family time!

Churlita said...

Merry belated Christmas! Your week off sounds like the best Christmas present ever. I was just wishing I could take a week off while my girls were home.

laura b. said...

Crazy4Coens: Thanks so much. Christmas was great and I'm so glad it is over :-)

FW: It worked out really well. I hope your holiday was beautiful.

Tara: I am so, so ready for some time off. So far, so good.

Churlita: Thank you. I do tend to arrange my time off around the kids' school holidays. Like, after this my next vacation will probably be during their Spring Break.