I saw that Tara had done the Friday 5 and it looked like such a fun one that I had to join in. I hope you will feel free to as well, either on your blog or in comments :-)
1. On May First, 1738, King Kamehameha I was born. What are your impressions of Hawaii? I have never been to Hawaii. Many series like to send their characters there on vacation...I often recall the Brady's and their exciting trip. Watch out for that evil Tiki god!
2. On May First, 1873, Dr. David Livingstone died. When did you last presume something erroneous about someone or something? Wow, I wish I could say this didn't happen very often, but it actually happens all the time. It often involves my not yet fully formed self-esteem, wherein I become hurt when no harm was intended.
3. On May First, 1876, Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro debuted. How do you feel about Disney’s animated classic Pinocchio? Figaro...the cat, right? Cute. I love Disney's version of Pinocchio. Recently I spent a car ride teaching my granddaughter the little song - I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret or make me frown. I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me! Yeah, it is our personal anthem :-)
4. May First is Walpurgis Night in Sweden and other parts of northern Europe. When did you last sing in front of an audience? Wednesday morning, twice, for my Toddler Times. They are a very kind audience because my singing voice, I assure you, is hideous.
5. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are a punk rock cover band. What song’s cover version do you like better than its original version? Oooh, tough one. My first thought was Nirvana's version of Man Who Ruled the World, because it is my favorite Nirvana song. But then I listened to Bowie's version since I hadn't heard it in so long...and damn. It was hot. So...I guess I will go with Cake's version of I Will Survive trumping the Donna Summers' version. No disrespect to Ms. Summers, but the Cake version is awesome.
And there you have it. Me talking about stuff vaguely related to the fact that today is the 1st! I enjoyed it.