Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm From Joisey! Are You From Joisey?

Hey dere, youse guys! Today's Choose and Defend Wednesday came to me yesterday evening when I was watching a popular reality tv show. Since I know how y'all feel about THAT, I won't get too detailed. Let me just say that a certain era came up... and a certain singer came to mind... and then I thought of another singer who comes from the same place... and then I thought about Choose and Defend Wednesday... and that, my friends, was that. It is quite the art and / or science coming up with these!

Alright, you know the drill. Two Jersey boys made good. Which one do you prefer? Choose. Tell me why you have that preference. Defend. So who do you love?

Frank Sinatra
Or

Bruce Springsteen
So...please play along. It is Choose and Defend Wednesday and I must insist. Joisey!

11 comments:

MrManuel said...

I don't know, they both have their strong points. I think I will pick Sinatra as I imagine I could listen to him for a longer period of time.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I gotta go with the Chairman of the Board. Sinatra wrote a lot of great music and just had that smooth voice. I'm Alien Coffeeground and I did it my way.

Churlita said...

when I was younger, I was too punk rock to like The Boss, but it was totally fine for the hardcore kids to like Ol' Blue Eyes. I'm not sure why. I'll just go with my first like, Frank here.

Tara said...

I'll go with Bruce. Love some of his music, those moves and his voice.

Sebastien Millon said...

Springsteen for me. Love that Dancer in the Dark song (I think that's what it's called, plus Courtney Cox shows up in the video, I think that's fun), and I enjoy quite a few other tunes of his.

Sinatra, he's not bad, but I'm sort of ambivalent on him.

Pamela said...

I'm from Jersey, so thus I cannot decide.

laura b. said...

MrManuel: So, Sinatra for longevity. I can dig that, Cool Cat! Sinatra

AlienCG: hee hee! You and Frank have that bond :-) Eat it up and spit it out. Another Sinatra fan.

Churlita: The Chairman was retro enough to be cooler than The Boss. I can respect that. More, more, more Sinatra!

Tara: He does have some moves, right? Mmm-hmm. Now we have ourselves a genuine contest. One for Bruce!

Sebastien: That is such a classic video. I love it. And Sinatra...lots of old school attitude, yes? Two for Bruce the Boss.

NoRegrets: Why I oughta...haha! Okay, your Jersey roots do not allow you to make a choice here. Along with Bon Jovi they form your trinity, which I wouldn't dream of disturbing :-p

Everyone: Three for the Chairman of the Board. Two for The Boss. A fence sitter. This is a tight one. Anymore opinions out there? You know I'd loooove to hear them!

dmarks said...

Frank's a better singer.

But I must count him down for having the hots for Nancy Reagan. So the vote goes to Bruce, the toxic state's Number one avenger.

laura b. said...

Dmarks: Yeah, I think having the hots for Nancy Reagan is so not the swingin' thing to do! Geez, Frank. This vote for Bruce gives us a tie!

David in DC said...

Coming in just under the buzzer, a last minute vote for Bruce tips the scales.

BZZZZZZZZZ

laura b. said...

DiDC: So glad you showed up! And, yep, it is Bruce by a tossled hair.