Aaaahhhh, Friday. Let me assure you that today was a much, much better day than yesterday. I do love my Fridays off...and although I am looking forward to the kids' summer vacation I will definitely miss my Fridays during those weeks.
Anyway, I thought I'd give the Friday 5 a go. Feel free to answer any or all of the questions for yourself. I'm interested. I care. The beat goes on.
1. What is the longest you’ve gone between haircuts? For-ev-er. For-ev-er. Okay, maybe not that long, but a disgracefully long time. I never know what to do with my hair, so I just tend to let it go.
2. What is the shortest hour of the day? I'm not sure if there is any one hour I could pick out. You know how time is...so elastic. So non-linear. But let's go with the cliche and say that my lunch hour tends to seem pretty gosh darn short. Mm-hm.
3. What is the longest line you’ve ever stood in? I don't know for sure, but I am guessing it may be a three way tie between Star Wars back in 1977, Journey at the Rose Bowl in 1982....and just about any ride at Disneyland on any given weekend, especially during summer vacation.
4. Who’s your shortest adult friend? Aw, my first library boss, when I worked at Altadena Public. Her name is Jackie and she is this tiny, round little lady, who talks really, really, really fast. Although she claims people just don't listen fast enough and she loves that I always understand her. She is about 4'9" and always wears these teeny little vintage heels, with her teeny little vintage suits. One of her greatest personal attachments is to her departed Rabbit, Bun Bun. He is buried in a pet cemetery, where she visits him quite regularly.
5. Who among your current friends have you known the longest? Well, there are people from my childhood, whom I would still consider my friends, but I don't see or talk to them on a regular basis. I guess the furthest I could go back is maybe high school...ah, and you saw Gerard in my last post! He was my high school sweetheart and we are friends to this day. I've known him...damn...32 years.
Friday 5, friends. You can't win if you don't play. Okay, that is the Lotto, but still....