One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies...
Please enjoy learning more about the wonder that is me. haha! Forgot until I saw it on Tara's blog that I need to link back to Friday 5...there now, done!
1. On March 6, 1869, Dmitri Mendeleev presented the first Periodic Table of the Elements to the Russian Chemical Society. What memories do you have of your high-school chemistry course? In all honesty, what I remember most about high school chemistry is chatting with my tablemates about music. We totally knew all the words to Planet Claire.
2. On March 6, 1899, the Bayer company registered aspirin as a trademark. When did you last take medication for pain? Maybe three weeks ago? I almost always get a very special time of the month monster headache. Good times.
3. On March 6, 1853, Giuseppe Verdi’s opera La Traviata premiered in Venice. How do you feel about opera? It's kind of funny that this question has come up again :-) I appreciate opera more in theory than in actual fact. My mom used to play Madame Butterfly sometimes when I was little.
4. On March 6, 1947, American film director Rob Reiner (Meathead!) was born. Which of these Reiner-directed films have you seen, and what do you think of them?
* The Bucket List (2007) I haven't seen it. Couldn't get enthused.
* Rumor Has It… (2005) I've seen parts of it...meh.
* Alex & Emma (2003) Oops, another one I haven't seen.
* The Story of Us (1999) I did see this one and kind of found it interesting...the idea of dissecting a marriage.
* Ghosts of Mississippi (1996) Oh, I thought this one was really good.
* The American President (1995) I think I saw this...it was your basic sort of romance thing, right?
* North (1994) This was kind of cute.
* A Few Good Men (1992) I liked this one. It was pretty strongly acted and compelling.
* Misery (1990) I thought this was great. Both Kathy Bates and James Caan were amazing.
* When Harry Met Sally… (1989) I know it has sort of been copied to death, but at the time I really liked it. Actually, I still do.
* The Princess Bride (1987) One of my all time favorite movies.
* Stand by Me (1986) I've seen this movie so many times and I always like it lots.
* The Sure Thing (1985) I haven't seen this one in a long time, but it is good! It has John Cusack, so there.
* This Is Spinal Tap (1984) Oh, another one of my all time favorites.
From the looks of this list, I was all about his earlier movies and then somehow one of us changed...hm.
5. On March 6, 1972, American basketball-player Shaquille O’Neal was born. How do you feel about basketball? I am not too sports fan-ish, but I do prefer basketball to football or baseball. It moves more quickly and seems to hold my attention more.
Okay, this was a longish one with all the movies to consider, but I hope you liked it anyway. I did :-)