Monday, July 2, 2007

This One Time? In a Band Dream?

Last night I had this incredibly vivid dream. I was onstage before a massive crowd. Unlike the real me would be in the this situation, the dream me felt perfectly comfortable, even happy and excited. It was hot and noisy. It seems that I was the bassist in a power trio and we were about to perform at a huge event. The lead guitarist looked like this guy I saw in Newsweek magazine a couple of weeks ago. He wrote an article about letting go of perpetually setting goals. Here he is!
I don't know why his picture stuck in my head, but I liked his article in any event.... The drummer was Harry Shearer, not how he looked in Spinal Tap or A Mighty Wind, just regular Harry Shearer...
In the dream, we never actually got to play that I remember. I just remember the heat and noise and being aware that I was a kickass bassist.
This whole dream was so weird for a number of reasons, but the biggest reason is that I NEVER remember my dreams, ever. Well, apparently that must be qualified with a “hardly” before the ever. This one stuck with me and I had to write it down. If this is what my mind is doing at night, I hope I can start remembering more of my dreams!

8 comments:

Tara said...

If only we can take the confidence we sometimes have in our dreams and unleash that during our waking hours...there'd be no stopping us! That's awesome you remembered that dream! I wouldn't mind Harry Shearer in my bad. :D

Anonymous said...

"Hello Cleveland"

The fact you got the joke concerning "Spinal Tap" and "A Mighty Wind" is admirable. I know lots of folks who have not a clue. "Spinal Tap" is one of my favorite movies of all time. "Mighty Wind" was way funnier for me because I knew exactly what was going on.

laura b. said...

I wish I felt half as pumped as I did in that dream :-)
Yeah, there is something about Harry, isn't there?

laura b. said...

Evil-E! We just commented at the exact same time. Spooky. haha!
I love those movies and apparently my subconscious loves me some Shearer. And that random writer guy too. Oh, and the bass guitar.

FW said...

I enjoy these kind of dreams, I have weird ones like this occasionally.

Churlita said...

You're so lucky. The only dream I've had that I can remember lately was the one where I woke-up and my hair had turned gray. Can we switch dreams?

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I remember harry Shearer from a t.v show.. Unless that's a different guy.. I had a weird dream myself recently.. But of course I told The Big Hairy Man and not you guys... I won't make that mistake again...lol

laura b. said...

FW: The fact that I remembered this once awake was almost weirder than the dream itself.

Churlita: haha! I have had my teef fall out in my dream :-) I'd rather play bass in front of an audience.

BabyBull: He used to be on SNL, maybe that is why he was in my head.
Yeah, come on, don't waste your good stories on The BHM! We need them!