Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Crush on Young Albert E.

I have this picture of Einstein pinned up on the wall by my desk...

It is a very commanly available photo of him, but still not your typical Einstein with that crazy white flyaway hair. Whenever I look at him in this picture it makes me feel sort of peaceful and happy. There he is, sitting the in Swiss Patent Office, looking pretty dashing in his checked suit and striped shirt. He has that dark brooding look that is tres Johnny Depp, right? Plus, we know he was smart, was an early proponent of civil rights, and seems to have been pretty stable for a genius type. So, I look at this and I get this little crush on the guy in the picture.
If you wish, please tell of any sort of out of the ordinary crushes that you are harboring :-) Thank you.

8 comments:

AlienCG said...

Einstein did have his quirks that appeared later in life. He had seven identical outfits so that he would not have to worry about what he was going to wear.

I can't think of any crushes at the moment, but if I think of one, I will be the first to know.

minijonb said...

I've had an ordinary crush on Gillian Anderson for a long time... then it spread to other redheads... I guess I'm a recovering addict in that respect since Lisa does not have red hair.

Depp as a young Albert? I like it.

Viki said...

I have always had a crush on Bronislaw Malinowski. Look him up, he was an anthropologist.

David in DC said...

Alanis Morrisette.

laura b. said...

AlienCG: I could actually get behind that 7 identical outfits idea.
And if you do think of something, let us be the second to know!

MiniJonB: I know what you mean...I think my more ordinary crush on Johnny Depp makes me more susceptable to other dark brooding men. I guess I need a blonde man to save me from myself :-)

Viki: I hadn't heard of him, so I did look him up. He sounds fascinating!

David: Did you like her as G-d in Dogma?

Anonymous said...

Red Heads.....

interesting little crush you have.

David in DC said...

Yes, I sure did. I also have the all-acoustic version of Jagged Little Pill she put out 10 years after the first.

I've also got a video of an interview she did on BET with Tavis Smiley a couple of years ago.

Not that I'm smitten or anything.

laura b. said...

DiDC: Smitten like a kitten, aren't you.